Same old Rays... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Same old Rays...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Same old Rays...

Postby warrick95 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:13 pm

Carl Crawford - OF - Devil Rays

Mike Schmidt will get an interview for the Rays' managerial vacancy on Friday.
Seriously? Schmidt managed the Phillies' Single-A affliate in Clearwater in 2004, quitting after one ugly season at the helm. He hardly seems like a good choice to run a major league club, especially one loaded with young players. Oct. 27 - 10:45 pm et
Source: devilrays.mlb.com



Umm...I hope this is just one of those PR things...putting a recognizable name in the list of managerial candidates. :-t :-t :-t
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5440
Joined: 27 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The empty seat next to the Tampa Bay heckler

Postby Phatferd » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:01 am

They should hire Bobby Valentine. He would be a great personality for the young guys.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Message for D-Ray ownership

Postby Ballwreckers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:01 am

Man, the guys who are running this team just have no clue..they can throw in big name ppl to manage the team and change the logo, but it doesn't win games! I want to write to these guys and make a plee to spend money for crying out loud. If Lou can't do much with this team, what makes anyone think Schmidt can do any better. If they had spent money while Lou was managing, I think the could have at least been a .500 club or at least sub. I give a big thumbs down for the D-Rays for even thinking of another known name to throw in the managers office. :-t
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 896
Joined: 7 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: Message for D-Ray ownership

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:24 am

Ballwreckers wrote:Man, the guys who are running this team just have no clue..they can throw in big name ppl to manage the team and change the logo, but it doesn't win games! I want to write to these guys and make a plee to spend money for crying out loud. If Lou can't do much with this team, what makes anyone think Schmidt can do any better. If they had spent money while Lou was managing, I think the could have at least been a .500 club or at least sub. I give a big thumbs down for the D-Rays for even thinking of another known name to throw in the managers office. :-t


great point.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:37 am

Phatferd wrote:They should hire Bobby Valentine. He would be a great personality for the young guys.


I agree .. ;-D

if the Yankees think they have problems now, they would have their hands full with a Mazzone led Orioles and a focused Valentine led Devil Rays squad.
I do know ..
Mike Schmidt is NOT the awnser in Tampa ...
Let him go coach Philly. He seems ideal there. He could light a fire under some of those overpayed, under producing veterans.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 687)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:09 am

Phatferd wrote:They should hire Bobby Valentine. He would be a great personality for the young guys.




yep valentine would be a great choice for sure,,,, as far as schmidt, i hope it is just a "marketing strategy" cause i sure dont see what schmidt(i think he would do fine with a veteran ball club) can bring to the table for the younguns.....
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:48 am

I am so pissed that nobody will give Cito Gaston a chance. What has he done to get blacklisted? Sure he has a temper but what manager doesn't. The guy is a winner and should be given another chance to prove it.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 275)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby ironman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 pm

Maybe they can hire Lou Brown?

"Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls."


:-D
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:00 pm

Valentine isn't leaving Japan though. That's just a pipedream.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Message for D-Ray ownership

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:42 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
Ballwreckers wrote:Man, the guys who are running this team just have no clue..they can throw in big name ppl to manage the team and change the logo, but it doesn't win games! I want to write to these guys and make a plee to spend money for crying out loud. If Lou can't do much with this team, what makes anyone think Schmidt can do any better. If they had spent money while Lou was managing, I think the could have at least been a .500 club or at least sub. I give a big thumbs down for the D-Rays for even thinking of another known name to throw in the managers office. :-t


great point.

It's like some guy is letting his kid run it as if it were his own real-life fantasy team. Seriously. The Cafe should all pitch in, buy the Rays, and we'd have a world series ring in 5 years. ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact