Love stinks... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Love stinks...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sooner711 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:50 am

Wow, sorry for your troubles. I was basically in the same situation, except we were only married 4 1/2 yrs and had a 4 yr old daughter. So its not quite the same, but I do speak with experience...the best way you could possibly get back at her is to act like you don't care what she does and to be happy without her. It's really hard to do, but the pain does lessen with time. Anyway, if you act like you don't care I think it will get under her skin much more than if you make a big scene...cause then she knows how much she hurt you, etc. Don't give her the satisfaction. Good luck with the kids and all.
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:15 am

Just thought I should write the final chapter to this sordid little tale. We sold the acreage and I moved into town into a nice little house with my two boys on June 1 and we are trying out joint custody at this time but the 3 year old spends more time with me. I did end up getting more money than the ex and finally got my share this past Fri and promptly went out and bought a 50" TV for the boys and I (now all I have to do is sign uo for NFL Sunday Ticket - the ex hated football). The ex got rid of her boyfriend and promptly moved in with another one - she's developed quite the reputation in this little town. The ex and I actually get along okay now - it's just not worth fighting anymore and it makes it easier for the kids (and besides, she's crazy so you can never win a fight with her). Thanx to everyone who provided a shoulder to lean on way back when!!!Things are finally looking up again! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:20 am

stomperrob wrote:Just thought I should write the final chapter to this sordid little tale. We sold the acreage and I moved into town into a nice little house with my two boys on June 1 and we are trying out joint custody at this time but the 3 year old spends more time with me. I did end up getting more money than the ex and finally got my share this past Fri and promptly went out and bought a 50" TV for the boys and I (now all I have to do is sign uo for NFL Sunday Ticket - the ex hated football). The ex got rid of her boyfriend and promptly moved in with another one - she's developed quite the reputation in this little town. The ex and I actually get along okay now - it's just not worth fighting anymore and it makes it easier for the kids (and besides, she's crazy so you can never win a fight with her). Thanx to everyone who provided a shoulder to lean on way back when!!!Things are finally looking up again! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Hey, nice to see an update. Glad everything has worked itself out for the better, more or less. I just got a 50" TV myself, Samsung DLP rear-projection -- being delievered in the morning. Good to see all is well with the children, and that things are going smoothly in what I'm sure is a very tough process. I'm sure everyone here at the Cafe wishes you the best of luck in everything, and as always, we're always here to help. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:35 am

stomperrob wrote:Just thought I should write the final chapter to this sordid little tale. We sold the acreage and I moved into town into a nice little house with my two boys on June 1 and we are trying out joint custody at this time but the 3 year old spends more time with me. I did end up getting more money than the ex and finally got my share this past Fri and promptly went out and bought a 50" TV for the boys and I (now all I have to do is sign uo for NFL Sunday Ticket - the ex hated football). The ex got rid of her boyfriend and promptly moved in with another one - she's developed quite the reputation in this little town. The ex and I actually get along okay now - it's just not worth fighting anymore and it makes it easier for the kids (and besides, she's crazy so you can never win a fight with her). Thanx to everyone who provided a shoulder to lean on way back when!!!Things are finally looking up again! ;-D ;-D ;-D

I just got to this thread right now and I'll be the second to say I'm extremely happy and glad that everything turned out alright. Wow, and I can't believe the situation could have gotten any worse than it did from the start with your daughter sworn to secrecy and all. You deserve every penny you got and more. I'm with you on this one .... good luck with everything in the future and it's great the kids are finally with a safe, secure, trustworthy, and reliable parent. ;-D ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:58 am

Good deal Rob ;-D ! Nice to hear all is going well and thanks for the update! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:13 am

just getting to this thread right now myself. im so glad to hear everything worked out with the situation. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:23 am

Glad to hear everything is going much better now. Hopefully everything stays good with the kids and definitely enjoy that new TV. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:06 am

so0perspam wrote:

I just got to this thread right now and I'll be the second to say I'm extremely happy and glad that everything turned out alright. Wow, and I can't believe the situation could have gotten any worse than it did from the start with your daughter sworn to secrecy and all. You deserve every penny you got and more. I'm with you on this one .... good luck with everything in the future and it's great the kids are finally with a safe, secure, trustworthy, and reliable parent. ;-D ;-D

ditto what soop said ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:23 am

I just realized this was from Oct, 2005. :-B

I edited my post.

Good to hear you doing well. ;-D
Last edited by Omaha Red Sox on Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:41 am

If you had lived in America, you could have gottensome not too mean-spirited revenge, sending her a couple thousand free boxes courtesy the United States Postal Service :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk