The NBA is racist... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The NBA is racist...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:37 pm

and I did one for "thug" and found this ..

25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:50 pm

OH man!

If that's what a thug looks like, sign me up for some crack!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Irish » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:08 pm

Coppermine wrote:OH man!

If that's what a thug looks like, sign me up for some crack!

LOL, we're gonna see Iverson in a bikini tomorrow :-b
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Irish » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:15 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I guarantee that there are more deadheads who do smoke pot than those who dont. I would bet my life savings on it.

Irish - you are still young my friend. Generalizations become generalizations for a reason - and often they are useful. Generalizing a group of people isnt necessarily always a bad move.

I agree with you on the first point, that's why I said there are minorities and majorities in each group I spoke of.

I'm young, but that shouldn't detract from my point, unless you're generalizing the views of young people ;-7 .

I think learning about different groups and their distinctions can be very useful, yes, but I think generalizing is something different. Generalize a guy wearing a jerry garcia shirt as a pothead, no harm done.

Generalize a kid walking in to your store with baggy jeans as a gang member can cause some harm. Ever see menace to society???

Now, I understand your point. Better safe then sorry. Better to genralize and be prepared. But I think that is correct when it comes to REACTING, not INITIATING.

I think we should get rid of all drug dealers, but do I think we should round up every single person that might be a drug dealer and detain them until we figure out who is who? No.

That's an extreme example, but I think you get my point.

People out of this country, some atleast, generalize americans as ignorant and obtuse. Is this true for a lot of Americans, sure. But any american that visits france might be treated like crap based on generalizations. That isn't fair to any of us and it isn't fair in other circumstances. ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:00 pm

I'm ready to bring closure to all this... so, either we can quit now or continue with a new topic that is in ambiguous relation to the original thread:

YOUR MOM IS RACIST...

Discuss
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:15 am

Irish wrote:But to say no one was dressing certain ways before gangsta rap??? PLEASE SPARE ME.

Spare you? What a joke. Do you have any idea where I was 18 years ago? Surrounded by thugs, gang bangers, and druggies. Know how they dressed? Well by golly, they had their butts hanging out in the breeze, hooded-baggy sweatshirts, and untied shoes. What a shock huh? Were the ballplayers dressing that way back then. No. Where were you 18 years ago? Kindergarten playing with Play-Doh. Don't discuss issues that you don't have a clue about.

Irish wrote:So, the basketball players are in fact dressing like thugs with no class at all.

What a stupid statement. You think they have no class based on their dress alone? Maybe they are wearing what they feel comfortable in, what the hell is the problem with that? If I see someone in the south wearing flannel and a John Deere hat do I presume they are racist? No, cause I"M NOT IGNORANT. I give people respect until they lose it, not the other way around.

Stupid? Man, you have no clue what you are talking about. You are too young to discuss where all of this began, so you might as well forget it. I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards your age, it's just a fact of the matter. You were 5 years old when most of this started, so there's no way you have any clue about it.

Anyone who dresses with their butt hanging out for the world to see because they are too immature to wear pants that fit, definitely fall into the "no class" area.

Irish wrote:But they are all just thugs, cause they dress a certain way. Give me a freaking break. Get the FU$% over yourself.

I'm going to chalk this up as a childish outburst, but let me get one thing crystal clear to you. Do not come at me like this again. You're over your head on this topic, you have no reason to attack me since I didn't attack you, so take a step back and relax. Lose the insults and the attempted attacks right now. I know you can't argue this topic rationally since you don't have the knowledge, and that only leaves you with attacks as a recourse, but I will not sit back and take it. Do not try it again. If you have to attack, I'm sure you can find a forum out there that puts up with this childish behavior, but I do not.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk