So is the Dome open or closed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So is the Dome open or closed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So is the Dome open or closed?

Postby The Jury » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:09 pm

Just wondering who won - MLB or the Astros?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 pm

MLB won. IMO the Astros should be the ones to pick if their dome is open or not.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:38 pm

Why? If it ain't raining and it ain't snowing you play outside like everyone else in MLB. You want to play ina dome, build a permanent one. The home team should not be allowed to choose when it suits their needs to open up a roof.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:59 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Why? If it ain't raining and it ain't snowing you play outside like everyone else in MLB. You want to play ina dome, build a permanent one. The home team should not be allowed to choose when it suits their needs to open up a roof.

Of course they should. If the same with cutting/not cutting the grass, overwatering, etc..
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Jury » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:29 am

HiddenIdentity wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Why? If it ain't raining and it ain't snowing you play outside like everyone else in MLB. You want to play ina dome, build a permanent one. The home team should not be allowed to choose when it suits their needs to open up a roof.

Of course they should. If the same with cutting/not cutting the grass, overwatering, etc..

I agree, though building a permanent dome would take the decision away from MLB, but that may also be hindsight...
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SoxInTheCity » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:53 am

HiddenIdentity wrote:

It's not exactly the same.

Those things affect each team the same. Having a roof closed so that the crowd can have a more disruptive effect than usual gives the crowd more ability to disrupt the visiting team.

That said, I think you have to go by what MLB did before and they made Arizona do it. Why should Houston get to choose when Arizona didn't?
SoxInTheCity
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:55 pm

If I owned the Astros, I'd ask how much my fine will be for not doing what MLB tells me to, and then delivering that exact amount, in cash, directly to Bud Selig at the game. F you Bud!!
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:00 pm

I agree that the Astros should be able to decide if the roof is open or closed. They were able to do this throughout the year, why does it have to change now? Its their field, their decision.

BUD SELIG :-t :-t :-t
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I agree that the Astros should be able to decide if the roof is open or closed. They were able to do this throughout the year, why does it have to change now? Its their field, their decision.
That's the big problem I have with it. All year it is the Astros decision and now in the playoffs there are different rules?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:07 pm

hooligan1 wrote:If I owned the Astros, I'd ask how much my fine will be for not doing what MLB tells me to, and then delivering that exact amount, in cash, directly to Bud Selig at the game. F you Bud!!

I was thinking the exact same thing ..

I would love to see Bud try and hold up the series because they wouldn't open the roof.

what a stupid decision.

As was pointed out before, teams cut the grass differently depending upon their opponents, and I fail to see how this is any different.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Return to Baseball Leftovers