I did this with bearshare...Bearshare pro is nice... ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:49 pm

I still prefer BitTorrent... I've been using it since Kazaa went defunct.

Anyone out there try Limewire and BitTorrent? Which do you prefer?

I miss the easy-to-use setup of the P2P client, but BitTorrent is nice because it's easier for me to personally filter anything that might be malicious or spying. I'd switch to Limewire though if it has improved since I last used it years ago.

Ah, the good old days... Napster, Morpheus, Kazaa, iMesh, Limewire... good to see the limewire is still in the coconut (sorry in advance for the horrible pop culture reference).
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:58 pm

Coppermine wrote:I still prefer BitTorrent... I've been using it since Kazaa went defunct.

I miss the easy-to-use setup of the P2P client, but BitTorrent is nice because it's easier for me to personally filter anything that might be malicious or spying. I'd switch to Limewire though if it has improved since I last used it years ago.

Ah, the good old days... Napster, Morpheus, Kazaa, iMesh, Limewire... good to see the limewire is still in the coconut (sorry in advance for the horrible pop culture reference).

Keep in mind that I have very limited experience with Bit Torrent but I like the ease of use of Limewire. I always loved the original Napster because it was just so easy. LW is just the same. I would recommend it for those that aren't that computer savvy.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:31 pm

Coppermine wrote:I still prefer BitTorrent... I've been using it since Kazaa went defunct.

Limeware is faster and easier to use. BitTorrent is for files that you can't find on Limewire.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:57 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:

Limeware is faster and easier to use. BitTorrent is for files that you can't find on Limewire.

Pretty much agreed. For example if I want to download music 99% of the time it'll be on Limewire. For TV shows or something those are usually easier to find on BitTorrent.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:06 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Yeah, I have found they both have bits of everything. I just like to use a combination of things.

Pretty much agreed. For example if I want to download music 99% of the time it'll be on Limewire. For TV shows or something those are usually easier to find on BitTorrent.

Yeah I agree aswell. Music is good from Limewire. If you want games though (not that I would or anything) I think Torrents are the best way to go.....even then it's not great.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk