Astrodome open or closed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Astrodome open or closed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:33 pm

My being a Sox fan has nothing to do with my opinion on this. I started out thinking let them do whatever they want until I read that Arizona had to open theirs.

You fella's sure reflect real positively on the Cafe, though. If I'm given flack in a thread for no good reason, I'm gonna give it back and then some - if you can't deal with that then that's your problem.

P.S. We should have had the dad that attacked the KC coach throw out the first pitch in Game 1. :-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:37 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Of course, davus' recent name-calling tirade didn't really help the image of ChiSox fans, did it?

I called a guy who told me to buy a clue a nerd. Tsk..tsk...I'm so belligerent.

:-?
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:44 pm

davus wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Of course, davus' recent name-calling tirade didn't really help the image of ChiSox fans, did it?

Don't make me quote all of the names you used. And either way, it's uncalled for.

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:46 pm

wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
wrveres wrote:Is anybody else surprised that a White Sox fan would want the roof open ... ;-7

also ..
Is anybody surprised that Chicago fans were yelling profanities and throwing things at the players wifes while in Comiskey?

Is anybody else surprised that some Chicago fan ran up and pulled Mrs. Biggio's hair at the game, slapped her and then ran away?

If there was ever a city that deserves a curse .. it is this disgusting place.

Well, I'd put Philly first on the bad fans = deserves curse list, but those stories sound like a close second. I am a bit surprised, though. I didn't think fans up there were that bad. I'm wondering if those stories don't represent a very small minority.

yeah Philly is a top the list ....
but I do picture davus as the typical annoying type of Chicago resident. Is there respectable citizens in Illinois sure, but based upon my visits there, and from what I read in the papers, I would bet you be hard pressed to find 10.

I'm from southern Illinois. Am I one of the ten?

;-7

I think you meant to say Chicago and not Illinois as a whole. I know it's easy to forget, but 90% of Illinois isn't Chicago.

;-)

good point ..

I stand corrected ...

Chicago ..

I live in IL and grew up around Chicago. I'm assuming from your signature and other stuff you're from San Diego. I don't know many people in San Diego, but if you're from San Diego, I should assume that all San Diego residents are full of themselves. Most San Diego residents are judgemental about other areas and narrow minded, assuming the small minority represents and speaks for the majority.

but based upon my visits there, and from what I read in the papers, I would bet you be hard pressed to find 10.

That has to be one of the dumbest things anyone has ever said. You're basing an entire city off of newspaper reports and the stupid baseball fans. What about the tens of thousands of fans who don't do stupid stuff? Every village has their idiot. Don't base the entire village perception off the idiot.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby davus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:01 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
davus wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

Don't make me quote all of the names you used. And either way, it's uncalled for.

:-t

Interestingly enough, I thought bigHorts and his buddies' aggression toward me was uncalled for making my retort completely justified.

I guess it all comes down to point of view.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:05 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
wrveres wrote:Is anybody else surprised that a White Sox fan would want the roof open ... ;-7

also ..
Is anybody surprised that Chicago fans were yelling profanities and throwing things at the players wifes while in Comiskey?

Is anybody else surprised that some Chicago fan ran up and pulled Mrs. Biggio's hair at the game, slapped her and then ran away?

If there was ever a city that deserves a curse .. it is this disgusting place.

Well, I'd put Philly first on the bad fans = deserves curse list, but those stories sound like a close second. I am a bit surprised, though. I didn't think fans up there were that bad. I'm wondering if those stories don't represent a very small minority.

yeah Philly is a top the list ....
but I do picture davus as the typical annoying type of Chicago resident. Is there respectable citizens in Illinois sure, but based upon my visits there, and from what I read in the papers, I would bet you be hard pressed to find 10.

I'm from southern Illinois. Am I one of the ten?

;-7

I think you meant to say Chicago and not Illinois as a whole. I know it's easy to forget, but 90% of Illinois isn't Chicago.

;-)

good point ..

I stand corrected ...

Chicago ..

I live in IL and grew up around Chicago. I'm assuming from your signature and other stuff you're from San Diego. I don't know many people in San Diego, but if you're from San Diego, I should assume that all San Diego residents are full of themselves. Most San Diego residents are judgemental about other areas and narrow minded, assuming the small minority represents and speaks for the majority.

but based upon my visits there, and from what I read in the papers, I would bet you be hard pressed to find 10.

That has to be one of the dumbest things anyone has ever said. You're basing an entire city off of newspaper reports and the stupid baseball fans. What about the tens of thousands of fans who don't do stupid stuff? Every village has their idiot. Don't base the entire village perception off the idiot.

Bro, don't bother. He's just trying to get back at me for calling someone a nerd in another thread after they took a shot at me.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:21 pm

wrveres wrote:good point ..

I stand corrected ...

I never get tired of hearing that. You should just make that your sig ;-)

davus wrote:P.S. We should have had the dad that attacked the KC coach throw out the first pitch in Game 1. :-D

lol - good Chicago attitude :-b The guy would have tried to bean somebody with the ceremonial first pitch. Either that or he would have been so wasted that he would throw to CF.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers