Sleeper Alert! Which SS had these numbers in the 2nd half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper Alert! Which SS had these numbers in the 2nd half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:39 am

You know, I think it's really delusional to try to explain away the facts. The facts are that Greene's had three broken bones and three DL trips in 11 months. That's very much on the high end of injuries for someone his age. That's the facts. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:27 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:You know, I think it's really delusional to try to explain away the facts. The facts are that Greene's had three broken bones and three DL trips in 11 months. That's very much on the high end of injuries for someone his age. That's the facts. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Oh please...when the injuries are as fluky as Khalil's that's bad luck.

And it's not like we are explaining away the facts because the facts are that his injuries were fluky...bad hops, fouling a ball off his foot, etc.

Nice double-standard, ehh? :-t
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:39 pm

davidmarver wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:You know, I think it's really delusional to try to explain away the facts. The facts are that Greene's had three broken bones and three DL trips in 11 months. That's very much on the high end of injuries for someone his age. That's the facts. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Oh please...when the injuries are as fluky as Khalil's that's bad luck.

And it's not like we are explaining away the facts because the facts are that his injuries were fluky...bad hops, fouling a ball off his foot, etc.

Nice double-standard, ehh? :-t

Sure, on your part. Who gets to decide what's fluky and what's not? Who decided broken bones are fluky and hamstrings are not?

The facts are that Greene's had three significant injuries in 11 months. Fluky or not, that puts him way up at the high end for injuries. That's injury-prone.

As I said, everything else is simply irrelevant. You can wave your hands all you want and it doesn't make the facts change.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:03 pm

davidmarver wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:You don't seem to be familiar with Greene's injury history:

Broken finger in September of 2004
Broken finger in April 2005
Broken toe August 2005

Three broken bones in 11 months? When does "unlucky" become "injury prone"?

Broken bones are normally freak accidents as they are. This isn't something like a hamstring pull or ligament tear.

Bagwell keep breaking bones in his hand by getting hit by pitches. I wouldn't call that fluky. It was a trend. Greene broke the same finger twice within the last year while fielding. Maybe it was a coincidence but I wouldn't automatically dismiss it as a fluke.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers