Schmidt in 2006 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Schmidt in 2006

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schmidt in 2006

Postby Ballwreckers » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:42 am

Can this guy bounce back? Can the guy even stay healthy is the better question LOL Where does he go next year?
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:53 am

yes schmidt can bounce back next year,, the question is more of "will" and I think he can have a good year next year,,,, not a 2004 season but i think he can give u 15 wins or so with solid k's and a decent era(3.5)........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:48 pm

I think of Schmidt next year and think of Schilling this year. I'm staying away from Jason. He could have a Hallada-esque bounce back, but I doubt it. It'll also help with him (hopefully) having Bonds back.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:06 pm

I don't think I'm going to be able to get him next year. I think that he could be decent but he's going to be hyped and will probably go earlier than I would want to pick him. I would say that it's a high risk/reward type pick. I'd rather pick someone who is younger and less hyped and get a low risk/high reward pick.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:15 pm

Music2004Man wrote:I don't think I'm going to be able to get him next year. I think that he could be decent but he's going to be hyped and will probably go earlier than I would want to pick him. I would say that it's a high risk/reward type pick. I'd rather pick someone who is younger and less hyped and get a low risk/high reward pick.

i agree, but I do like two other Giant pitchers in Lowry and Cain
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:30 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about. There are two low risk/high reward type picks for later in your draft.
Last edited by Music2004Man on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:09 pm

he'll have a solid bounce-back year. i doubt he'll return to elite status, but a top 20 pitcher? sure. i think he might even be good enough to be a number 1 if things turn out well for him.

one blessing about this year was he through relatively fewer innings than normal, so his arm should be a bit more rested than it was going in to this season...

edit: oh, and bonds will be back. which will make EVERYONE on that team better.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:51 pm

We had another thread on this a couple weeks back ( http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ht=schmidt ) and I'm to lazy to re-type what I said so here it is:

baseball6791 wrote:I wouldn't take the guy early this year but I wouldn't be that down on him. He and the rest of the Giants staff had a really tough year this year, that came in part to the fact that they were always pitching from behind (since the Giants couldn't score a run to save their lives much of the season) and that the bullpen was pretty bad for much of the season. Also, and I don't know this for a fact but I suspect that the Giants probably had one of the lowest pitches seen per inning in the whole league, which means that their pitchers had much less time to rest. Granted he had a number of injuries and is definitely a risk, but consider that he threw the least number of innings he has since 2001 so if anything his arm should be fresh for next season. Also take into account that next year the Giants will have a much better supporting cast and will still get to play in the very weak NL West.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hooligan1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:48 am

If Bonds is back and Schmidt can stay healthy, I would think something like this should be do-able: 16-ish wins, 3.80 ERA, 1.23 whip, 210 IP, 195 K's...... Dunno fer sure though..... 10th round draft pick/$20 bid seems fair.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby prodpaul » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:02 am

I have him with Halladay and Zambrano in a Keeper league and I am leaning toward keeping Halladay. My other is Lee.

I traded him in another league.

Man I wasted a first round pick on him in my points keeper :-P

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers