Early, but how bout a Mock Auction? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Early, but how bout a Mock Auction?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby irishdude103 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:56 pm

alright sounds good so just pm me if anyone drops out. Also I would prefer that we do it at the cafe rather than a proboard or something to that affect. But i am just an alt :-D
Image
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:45 am

I PM'd Arlo to see if we could do it here at the cafe. I'll let everyone know when I get word.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:59 am

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I PM'd Arlo to see if we could do it here at the cafe. I'll let everyone know when I get word.

I was just gonna ask if we could start a thread here in the cafe.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:47 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:I PM'd Arlo to see if we could do it here at the cafe. I'll let everyone know when I get word.

I was just gonna ask if we could start a thread here in the cafe.
A thread would be a bad idea. Ideally every player being bid on would have their own thread. Sub-Forums work best for this.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:53 pm

I just updated the newest Yahoo IM with the voice calls ... This would seem to me to be an excellent way to hold an auction ..

as a matter of fact, I am thinking of starting an auction league with this as a requirement ...

;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:21 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:I PM'd Arlo to see if we could do it here at the cafe. I'll let everyone know when I get word.

I was just gonna ask if we could start a thread here in the cafe.
A thread would be a bad idea. Ideally every player being bid on would have their own thread. Sub-Forums work best for this.


Thats what I meant. I didnt mean one thread...whoops...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:22 pm

wrveres wrote:I just updated the newest Yahoo IM with the voice calls ... This would seem to me to be an excellent way to hold an auction ..

as a matter of fact, I am thinking of starting an auction league with this as a requirement ...

;-D


I have no idea what a Yahoo IM with voice call really is. Can you go into more depth? I dont use Yahoo IM but Im sure its about the same as AOL, though I dont get the voice call thing.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:41 pm

Got a PM back from Arlo, we will have our own sub-forum here at the cafe as early as 2mrw morning. We will then discuss the options such as nominations and what not.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:53 pm

is it full already? :-°
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:58 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:is it full already? :-°


Sorry. 'Tis.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact