43%
D.Lee
41%
Too close to call
16%

Total votes : 37

Derrek Lee Vs. Lance Berkman

Postby Ballwreckers » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:40 pm

Who do you think will have a better season next year? There is a part of me that wants to pick Berkman because of what he has done in the past and he is looking like the Lance of old right now, but Derrek Lee has been gradually been inproving over the past few years proving ppl wrong that he is a good player. I think in the end both guys might have simular #'s for the exception of SB..what do you guys think?
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:46 pm

i think they will be real close in numbers for next year, as i dont think lee will have a first half like he had this year and with berkman being back to healthy for all of next year but i would rather have berkman cause he will cost you a pick that is about 4 or 5 rounds less then lee.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:57 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:i think they will be real close in numbers for next year, as i dont think lee will have a first half like he had this year and with berkman being back to healthy for all of next year but i would rather have berkman cause he will cost you a pick that is about 4 or 5 rounds less then lee.....

That pretty much sums it up with the draft position. If they could be had at the same cost, I'd probably lean towards Lee, but otherwise I like Berkman. Lee may be a safer pick because Berkman has been out with a knee injury and that has to factor in injury-wise, but a few rounds later with potential to have similar numbers, I like Berkman. It is close though.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

concern

Postby Ballwreckers » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Does it concern anyone that Berkman is not running at full speed in the OF? I watched agame of Berkman in the OF when the stros were playing the Braves and he seemed like he was holding up. I wonder if he will get more playing time at 1B? Is Bags still under contract next year?
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:40 pm

DLee was money when ARam was healthy. I really think Lee will be once again solid in the 2006 season. Berkman should once again have a good season but I see Lee surpassing him in almost every category, if not every category. The draft positions are the tough call depending on the value you get in Lee compared to Berkman..
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Half Massed » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:49 pm

I think I'd go with Lee if all things were equal, however you can get Berkman much cheaper than Lee in the draft, so I'd go with Berkman in this case.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:53 pm

I'd like to say Berkman but I'm worried about injuries with him. While I think that Lee will regress from last years lofty numbers I still see him outperforming Berkman slightly next year.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:10 pm

I went with Lee. He won't be as good as he was this year, but he'll still be damn good. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby eftda » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:14 pm

D. lee unless the Astos get another bat in that lineup.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:55 pm

I'd take Berkman if you put a gun to my head. He's an excellent hitter and I don't see Lee coming close to what he did this year. In OBP leagues (like mine) it's a little easier for me to say Berkman, but it's still a tough call. Based on draft position, however, I'd say Berkman sweeps Lee.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers