Olsen this... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Olsen this...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:42 pm

JTWood wrote:Mass, I think it's wrong of you to compare this to Christianity. It's one thing to think someone will go to hell, and it's another to want to send them there (to kill them). I believe the standard Christian creed that you have to accept Jesus to go to Heaven and blah blah blah, but I'm not going to kill anyone who doesn't. After all, murder is a sin. You don't hear that coming out of those girls' mouths, do you? That's just one difference, so please refrain from the comparison.

Anyways, does this count toward the fantasy skank competition since they look like the Olsen twins?

You're misunderstanding my post somewhat. I wasn't comparing belief in white supremecy and Nazism to Evangelical Christianity, I was comparing two completely seperate cases of children being brainwashed into closed-minded opinions that they will undoubtably strictly believe, defend, and apply throughout their lives. I'm not saying both (Nazism and E.C.) are similar in any way beyond the fact that they are closed minded and exclusive in their own ways. That's why I said this reminds me of... rather than this is just like... Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:00 pm

http://prussianblue.net/

Here's their web site, if anyone else wants to share in disgust...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby WharfRat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:08 pm

JTWood wrote:Anyways, does this count toward the fantasy skank competition since they look like the Olsen twins?

I was thinking the same thing... ;-D ;-D

There are facts, and there are opinions. Schooling should provide students with facts, so that students can eventually form opinions based on those facts. With people like this, facts and truth take a backseat to ideology. Of course, that in itself is fairly common, but what's exceptional about this case is the fact that they're extremist recording artists. :-t
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:41 pm

Coppermine wrote:But I think that some, and a minority I should mention, Christians have a very narrow-minded view of the world and general unacceptance of anyone whose beliefs are not consistent with their own.

You've just described every religion on Earth. Wars have been waged, civilizations wiped out, and battles that have gone on for thousands of years, all because of what you stated. Your only error is in only recognizing the religion in which it appears most prevalent in the United States. I'm just saying, this is nothing new, nor is it limited to one religion. This is a worldwide cancer.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby kentx12 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:44 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:Their parents should get clubbed in the head a few times.

I couldnt agree more. That is an awful story.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:52 pm

Did anyone check out the forums? :-t :-t
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby DK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:But I think that some, and a minority I should mention, Christians have a very narrow-minded view of the world and general unacceptance of anyone whose beliefs are not consistent with their own.

You've just described every religion on Earth. Wars have been waged, civilizations wiped out, and battles that have gone on for thousands of years, all because of what you stated. Your only error is in only recognizing the religion in which it appears most prevalent in the United States. I'm just saying, this is nothing new, nor is it limited to one religion. This is a worldwide cancer.

Not Unitarian Universalism! :D :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JTWood » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Half Massed wrote:
JTWood wrote:Mass, I think it's wrong of you to compare this to Christianity. It's one thing to think someone will go to hell, and it's another to want to send them there (to kill them). I believe the standard Christian creed that you have to accept Jesus to go to Heaven and blah blah blah, but I'm not going to kill anyone who doesn't. After all, murder is a sin. You don't hear that coming out of those girls' mouths, do you? That's just one difference, so please refrain from the comparison.

Anyways, does this count toward the fantasy skank competition since they look like the Olsen twins?

You're misunderstanding my post somewhat. I wasn't comparing belief in white supremecy and Nazism to Evangelical Christianity, I was comparing two completely seperate cases of children being brainwashed into closed-minded opinions that they will undoubtably strictly believe, defend, and apply throughout their lives. I'm not saying both (Nazism and E.C.) are similar in any way beyond the fact that they are closed minded and exclusive in their own ways. That's why I said this reminds me of... rather than this is just like... Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I understand what you were going for, but in that same sense, you could make that argument about American democracy or our philosophies on capitalism. Being raised in a close-minded philosophy isn't bad by default.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:43 pm

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Hey man, I totally agree...

Well, I don't know how many people have been killed for Buddha. I mean, i could be wrong, but then again, Christians say Buddhists are going to hell too, so what do I know?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk