Rocco Baldeli - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rocco Baldeli

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Surfs up » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:01 pm

If he is healthy he will be a well saught after player in AL only leagues. Maybe not so much in mixed .I got him in a trade a couple of days ago. Apprently the owner thinks the way some of you do. But I have higher expections and am going to hang onto him. In my AL 12 team keeper league players tend to go higher then in most auction keeper leagues I have read about. At $13.00 I consider his price a pretty good deal considering a guy like Kevin Mench went for $29.00 in the last draft.I know for a fact if Baldelli was still on the board last in my draft he would go for $20.00 or more. Supply and demand.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4751
(Past Year: 192)
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:33 pm

daullaz wrote:
rlee wrote:If Baldelli comes back and is healthy, don't the Rays have a glut of OFs? Baldelli, Crawford, Gomes, Huff, Gathright, am I missing anyone?

Same w/ IFs if they give Upton a real shot. No place for Lugo, unless they move him to 2B and Cantu to 3B. Just seems to me that they can be real active in the off-season trading market and get some good pitchers.


I think the long term plan of the Rays has Crawford, Baldelli and Young in the OF, with Gomes as the DH. In the infield, I think they end up with all three (Upton, Lugo, Cantu) playing at the same time, though at this point I don't know who would play third.

Since they have one too many middle infielders, and the Braves have one too many third basemen, could they possibly swing a trade to help each other out (if Furcal isn't resigned, of course)? Just something to think about.


Ehh... I'll pass... SS defense is vital for that staff, bunch of groundball pitchers, can't have Upton the Butcher playing Short. Lugo, maybe, but I don't see them trading Marte for Lugo. :-D

Couldn't this work, without guys getting left out?

C. Hall
1B. Huff
2B. Lugo
SS. Upton
3B. Cantu
LF. Crawford
CF. Rocco
RF. Young
DH. Gomes
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:13 pm

wait, what happened to gathwright? he was the talk of the cafe this spring (or at least one of him. people were also falling over themselves for mcphearson and his .250 BA...) and he did manage to steal 20 in 200 ABs....

but is he now the odd man out? won't he at least take away some PT from the likes of baldelli and maybe gomes?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:39 pm

George_Foreman wrote:wait, what happened to gathwright?





he needs to learn 2 things mainly,,,, how to hustle and how to play defense....he gets those 2 things down pat and i would love to see him in gomes spot in our offense.....
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby brandnew » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:18 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:wait, what happened to gathwright?





he needs to learn 2 things mainly,,,, how to hustle and how to play defense....he gets those 2 things down pat and i would love to see him in gomes spot in our offense.....


Gomes?! Did I misread that??[/i]
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:51 am

brandnew wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:wait, what happened to gathwright?





he needs to learn 2 things mainly,,,, how to hustle and how to play defense....he gets those 2 things down pat and i would love to see him in gomes spot in our offense.....


Gomes?! Did I misread that??[/i]





needless to say i am not a gomes believer,,, i would not be suprised if 2005 was not his career year when it is all said and done,,,, in fact i would be thrilled if since everybody loves gomes so much right now, if the drays would trade him this offseason for some pitching... i just dont see gomes as a future bat in our offense hopefully as early as 2007.....
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Ballwreckers » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:00 am

Where does Baldelli bat next year if he is heathy? I am thinking with his injury he might be more suitable batting 5th or 6th until his speed comes back..thats an if though. I would like him in the 2 spot in that lineup.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 896
Joined: 7 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:10 am

Ballwreckers wrote:Where does Baldelli bat next year if he is heathy? I am thinking with his injury he might be more suitable batting 5th or 6th until his speed comes back..thats an if though. I would like him in the 2 spot in that lineup.




5 or 6 is more than likely, but i would love to see him bat 3rd....
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby brandnew » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:13 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
brandnew wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:wait, what happened to gathwright?





he needs to learn 2 things mainly,,,, how to hustle and how to play defense....he gets those 2 things down pat and i would love to see him in gomes spot in our offense.....


Gomes?! Did I misread that??[/i]





needless to say i am not a gomes believer,,, i would not be suprised if 2005 was not his career year when it is all said and done,,,, in fact i would be thrilled if since everybody loves gomes so much right now, if the drays would trade him this offseason for some pitching... i just dont see gomes as a future bat in our offense hopefully as early as 2007.....


Is there some reason as to why you don't like Gomes? His minor league stats would make you believe that his 2005 numbers aren't just a fluke... the power and on base skills have always been there, the average has just been a little low.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby Iconoclastic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:11 pm

Gomes steals bases too, in addition to his 30 hr power. I see no difference between him and Jason Bay. I bet Gomes can hit more HRs in a HR derby.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 795
Joined: 5 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact