Rocco Baldeli - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rocco Baldeli

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rocco Baldeli

Postby Surfs up » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:20 pm

Looking for your expectations of him for the 2006 season.
Average, homeruns, rbi and steals
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:45 pm

I really dont know what to expect from him. I have him on my 1st draft ranking sheets but will be watching closely during spring training to see how he is doing.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Rocco Baldeli

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:48 pm

Surfs up wrote:Looking for your expectations of him for the 2006 season.
Average, homeruns, rbi and steals

I'm afraid it's too early to make those expectations for Rocco, on this end at least. Maybe some Tampa natives who are more in tune with his physical condition and how he's looked, etc. will be more able. I will be, however, monitoring his off-season very closely, because my gut tells me he _could_ be very valuable for his draft position next year. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Half Massed » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:10 am

As it stands now, I see a rebound to 20-20 form, although I think he struggles with average early in the season. A lot depends on how things shape up in Tampa and how he comes back from injuries.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:20 am

and if he's starting every game....

with delmon coming up, they might just have a full OF and bring in some old has-been (as has been their trend) to DH....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:35 am

George_Foreman wrote:and if he's starting every game....

with delmon coming up, they might just have a full OF and bring in some old has-been (as has been their trend) to DH....

if rocco is healthy, i am pretty sure he will be starting about every game.... the drays are trying real hard to lock him up with a longterm contract this winter, so he definitely will not be sitting if he is healthy.....

as far as rocco, all the news i am getting from durham and others says he is coming along well and overall he is in good shape considering the 2 surgeries... i just hope he is over the leg injuries, so that he can steal a few bases.... as far as his numbers for next year, 20-20 is a good possibility,,,, but it all depends on where he hits in that lineup----if he hits anywhere close to the 1,2 tandem of lugo and crawford he could have a very good year.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rlee » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:29 am

If Baldelli comes back and is healthy, don't the Rays have a glut of OFs? Baldelli, Crawford, Gomes, Huff, Gathright, am I missing anyone?

Same w/ IFs if they give Upton a real shot. No place for Lugo, unless they move him to 2B and Cantu to 3B. Just seems to me that they can be real active in the off-season trading market and get some good pitchers.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby daullaz » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:52 am

rlee wrote:If Baldelli comes back and is healthy, don't the Rays have a glut of OFs? Baldelli, Crawford, Gomes, Huff, Gathright, am I missing anyone?

Same w/ IFs if they give Upton a real shot. No place for Lugo, unless they move him to 2B and Cantu to 3B. Just seems to me that they can be real active in the off-season trading market and get some good pitchers.

I think the long term plan of the Rays has Crawford, Baldelli and Young in the OF, with Gomes as the DH. In the infield, I think they end up with all three (Upton, Lugo, Cantu) playing at the same time, though at this point I don't know who would play third.

Since they have one too many middle infielders, and the Braves have one too many third basemen, could they possibly swing a trade to help each other out (if Furcal isn't resigned, of course)? Just something to think about.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby rlee » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:00 pm

daullaz wrote:
rlee wrote:If Baldelli comes back and is healthy, don't the Rays have a glut of OFs? Baldelli, Crawford, Gomes, Huff, Gathright, am I missing anyone?

I think the long term plan of the Rays has Crawford, Baldelli and Young in the OF, with Gomes as the DH. In the infield, I think they end up with all three (Upton, Lugo, Cantu) playing at the same time, though at this point I don't know who would play third.
Since they have one too many middle infielders, and the Braves have one too many third basemen, could they possibly swing a trade to help each other out (if Furcal isn't resigned, of course)? Just something to think about.

I assume in this scenario, Huff is the odd man out and will be traded? The Cards, with Walker's retirement are in the market for a power hitting OF. Huff for Jason Marquis??
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby MrT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:33 pm

He was not that great when he was healthy. I would pay no more than $1.00 for him expecting 280, 18, 85, 10 numbers
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers