Does Clemens retire if Houston wins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Clemens retire if Houston wins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:21 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'm going to say no, I mean he can still make about 20 million by staying around next year.

Don't you think he is in it for more than the money by now.... I think he's got enough money.

If hes not in it for money, then why did he sign for $18,000,022?

Link
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:46 pm

eftda wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'm going to say no, I mean he can still make about 20 million by staying around next year.

Don't you think he is in it for more than the money by now.... I think he's got enough money.

Link

Exactly.

If he's not in it for any money, then why didn't he just sign with Houston for a million this year?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Half Massed » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:55 pm

mweir145 wrote:
eftda wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:

Link

Exactly.

If he's not in it for any money, then why didn't he just sign with Houston for a million this year?

Why take less even if you don't need it? I'm sure money's part of the reason, but not his sole concern or anything. I'm really not sure what he does next year. He may want to retire after winning a WS with Houston and finishing off a very good year, or maybe not. I'd bet he ends up coming back because that's the type of guy he is, especially if Houston really wants him to, but I'm not sure.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:59 pm

18 million a year,,, yep he comes back for sure.... plus i think he wants a chance to play ball with his son, so heck he may play another 2 years.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:04 pm

Half Massed wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
eftda wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:

Link

Exactly.

Why take less even if you don't need it? I'm sure money's part of the reason, but not his sole concern or anything. I'm really not sure what he does next year. He may want to retire after winning a WS with Houston and finishing off a very good year, or maybe not. I'd bet he ends up coming back because that's the type of guy he is, especially if Houston really wants him to, but I'm not sure.

20 million dollars are going to play a large factor in whatever decision he decides to make..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:04 pm

And has anyone thought that maybe he will want to wait around awhile, and play with his son? It's possible he could ask Houston to bring him up in September or something like that.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:42 pm

mweir145 wrote:And has anyone thought that maybe he will want to wait around awhile, and play with his son? It's possible he could ask Houston to bring him up in September or something like that.

yep think i thought of that about 5 minutes before u posted ;-7 :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Let me ask you a question.

Do you think I read I posted that after reading your post (which would make me look like an idiot)? Or do you think I posted that without ever reading your post, through my own thought?

Which situation is a more plausible one? ;-)
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:53 pm

Should Clemens pitch game 4 if the Astros are down 3-0?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:11 pm

eftda wrote:Should Clemens pitch game 4 if the Astros are down 3-0?

Yeah he should - you have to throw your best available pitcher when you back is against the wall.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers