Billy Butler/Ian Stewart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Billy Butler/Ian Stewart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billy Butler/Ian Stewart

Postby PhilliesPhan24 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:17 am

What's the deal on first, Billy Butler? He is playing 3B, but with Gordon signed, he will most likely move to the OF.

What is his upside right now? I have read things that have said he rivals Delmon Young as a top hitting prospect. What type of upside or future does this guy have? And what year will he most likely get to the show?

Secondly, where has Ian Stewart gone? His stock, IMO, has dropped a little bit. What's everyone's consensus on him right now.
PhilliesPhan24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:38 am

Well actually Butler was moved off of 3B before the Royals signed Gordon. He is pretty much a sure bet to be in the OF now, unless they want to move him to a 1B/DH role later in his career.

Honestly no one rivals Delmon IMO as far as talent and projection, everyone else is in the next tier down. Butler though has a very good bat and power at a young age. He needs some polish with his plate discipline, but he held his own well giving his situation.

Projections can be real tricky, especially with someone who hasn't had a long track record and has great numbers. But if I had to give some type of upsidein terms of stats, I'd go w/ a .300 hitter with low-mid 30 hr power. Look for a possible late call up next year, though if the Royals don't want to risk losing him early they could hold him back. Most likely full time job would probably be 07-08.

I'd agree Ian's stock has gone down some, but that is mostly just due to an injury and rust coming back from it. He struggled the first month or so when he was in High A, though his numbers in the 2nd half show more of the guy from last year in the SAL. He is still a top 3B prospect and you can never forget he will play at Coors.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball