2006 Payroll? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

2006 Payroll?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:32 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:according to bernie, the payroll will remain about the same....roughly 90 million. i am not surprised, just a little disappointed. i thought the point of leaving KMOX and getting a new stadium was to increase team revenue and put a better product on the field. of course i expected the owners to take their cut, but despite the increased revenue they said they are unwilling to spend more on the team. :-t

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=307107

Well, like any business change or venture, profits are rarely, if ever, realized in the first year of operation. Usually it takes quite a few years, so I would be satisfied with an increased payroll in 2 or 3 years.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:35 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:according to bernie, the payroll will remain about the same....roughly 90 million.
Given this year's crop of free agents I don't really have a problem with it. 2006 is a totally different thing though.

i agree, just because you have the money doesnt need you have to spend it, but i at least think they should have the option to spend a few extra dollars if they find the right person or should the right person become available at the trade deadline. seems from bernie's comments that they wouldnt have that option. add on to that a little thing called inflation. player salaries increase nearly every year. holding payroll steady during periods of increasing salaries is essentially a decrease in payroll.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:20 pm

if you havent already seen it BotB's 2006 estimated salary figures. we currently have about $73 mil committed for 2006.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to St. Louis Cardinals