FREAK WATCH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FREAK WATCH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Associated Press

BOULDER, Colo. - Home Depot is defending a lawsuit filed by a man who claims the chain's Louisville store ignored his cries for help after he fell victim to a prank and was glued to a toilet seat.

Bob Dougherty, 57, of Nederland, said he became stuck to a bathroom toilet seat last year after somebody smeared glue on it.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. "They just let me rot."

His lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery at the time and thought he was having a heart attack. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk via radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said after about 15 minutes, store officials called for an ambulance. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and while wheeling a "frightened and humiliated" Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

You know they were all laughing about it in the break room!

Dude thats pretty cruel to someone who is 57...If I was that guys son I'd guy kick the crap out of whoever did that and then glue him naked to the front door.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:40 pm

Potty Peeper escapes jail sentence

October 26, 2005 (NORTH CONWAY, N.H.) - A Maine man arrested after he was found peering at a teenage girl at a rest-stop outhouse pleaded no contest to criminal trespass, and a judge urged him to seek help for whatever drove him to climb into the waste-filled toilet.

Gary J. Moody was given a 30-day sentence that will be suspended if he maintains good behavior for two years. In exchange for his plea, disorderly conduct charges against Moody will be dropped, as well, if he stays out of trouble.

Moody, 45, of Pittston, Maine, was arrested on June 26 after a 14-year-old girl reported hearing a noise and then seeing a face looking up at her from the pit toilet on U.S. Forest Service property in Albany.

District Court Judge Pamela Albee cited Moody's public humiliation from the ensuing publicity in choosing not to send him to jail.

"This gentleman has been subject to a great deal of media scrutiny and drawn to himself, should I say, notoriety. And a healthy share of bathroom humor, if you will. This is a person who deserves some compassion," she said.

She also fined Moody $1,000 and ordered him to pay $700 restitution. The Forest Service spent $700 pumping out the toilet tank because Moody claimed he was trying to retrieve a wedding ring that had dropped into the toilet.

The waste from the tank was pumped through a screen but no ring was found.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:41 pm

October 26, 2005 (NORTH CONWAY, N.H.) - A Maine man arrested after he was found peering at a teenage girl at a rest-stop outhouse pleaded no contest to criminal trespass, and a judge urged him to seek help for whatever drove him to climb into the waste-filled toilet.

Gary J. Moody was given a 30-day sentence that will be suspended if he maintains good behavior for two years. In exchange for his plea, disorderly conduct charges against Moody will be dropped, as well, if he stays out of trouble.

Moody, 45, of Pittston, Maine, was arrested on June 26 after a 14-year-old girl reported hearing a noise and then seeing a face looking up at her from the pit toilet on U.S. Forest Service property in Albany.

District Court Judge Pamela Albee cited Moody's public humiliation from the ensuing publicity in choosing not to send him to jail.

"This gentleman has been subject to a great deal of media scrutiny and drawn to himself, should I say, notoriety. And a healthy share of bathroom humor, if you will. This is a person who deserves some compassion," she said.

She also fined Moody $1,000 and ordered him to pay $700 restitution. The Forest Service spent $700 pumping out the toilet tank because Moody claimed he was trying to retrieve a wedding ring that had dropped into the toilet.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:45 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:

winner
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:57 pm

8-o 8-o 8-o

:-P :-P :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:02 pm

Couple says vet faked dog's death

November 11, 2005 - It had been a rough time for Buttons. The 3-year-old toy fox terrier, who has pancreatitis and a heart murmur, was ill for more than a month, vomiting daily and undergoing treatment both at home and at an animal hospital.

Buttons' condition was not improving, and the prognosis was not promising. Despite conflicting emotions, her owners decided to end her misery. "We just didn't want her suffering," Betty Jody Kimberlin said.

So her husband of 50 years, James Kimberlin, took Buttons to Companion Animal Hospital in Collierville, Tenn., and watched as she was put to sleep -- or so he thought, until she arrived back at their home days later, yapping and happy to see him.

"She looked up at me and she started talking, making funny noises," he said. "She jumped up in my arms, and you talk about love at second sight, that was it. This was really something."

The strange tale of Buttons' apparent resurrection has led to complaints being filed against a Collierville veterinarian, Jerry A. Truitt. An employee said Truitt was not at Companion Animal Hospital when ABCNEWS.com tried to contact him, and the hospital declined comment. Truitt and the hospital also would not comment when questioned by ABC affiliate WPTY in Memphis.

Revived and Renamed

According to her owners, Buttons is a feisty little dog whose demeanor belies her strong pedigree. "They're good, well-bred dogs -- Buttons doesn't act it," Mrs. Kimberlin said with a laugh.

Though the couple has had and lost many dogs, she said, she and her husband were crushed about Buttons' illness. "We loved all the dogs that we had, but Buttons was just like another child almost -- she still is," she said.

When he took her to the hospital for the last time, Mr. Kimberlin was torn. "I carried her around as long as I could," he said. "I cried like a baby."

Still, he signed a euthanasia form authorizing the animal clinic to put Buttons to sleep and reiterated his wishes to Truitt, who then gave her an injection.

"She just laid down and I asked him to listen with a stethoscope to listen to her heart. He did, and he said, 'She's gone,'" Kimberlin said. "I said, 'Thank you,' and I was boo-hooing. I walked on out to my car and boo-hooed for a long time before I could even leave. It was terrible. I've never done anything so hard in my life."

Theresa Stewart, a veterinary technician at the animal hospital who cared for Buttons during her stays there, was not working the Tuesday last month when Kimberlin brought her in. Stewart learned she had been euthanized when she returned the next day, and she signed a sympathy card that was sent to the Kimberlins -- which Truitt signed as well.

So she was quite surprised that Thursday when she saw Buttons in a cage in the treatment area of the hospital -- and an attached card said her name was Zipper.

"It was crazy," Stewart said. "The dog knows me. The dog's wagging her tail, screaming, hollering."

Stewart said she asked the doctor on duty what had happened and was told Buttons now was named Zipper and would be up for adoption.

Since she suspected Zipper was actually Buttons and rightfully belonged to the Kimberlins, Stewart told the doctors she wanted to adopt the dog so she could take her from the hospital. "By this time she had quit vomiting and was doing well," she said.

Stewart copied the dog's records and had her examined by an outside veterinarian to confirm that Zipper was in fact Buttons. He told her that their physical characteristics matched and she should take Buttons back to the Kimberlins.

"It was great," Stewart said of the reunion. "I'll never forget the look on his face when he saw his little dog."

"We were just astounded," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We could not believe it."

Though she still is not completely well, Buttons' health has improved thanks to a special no-fat diet prescribed by a new veterinarian. "It's just all been a miracle, really a miracle," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We're really, really thankful."

Mystery Remains

Though the Kimberlins are grateful to have more time with their pet, many questions remain. They said Truitt called them Wednesday after WPTY reported the story and said he would return the money they spent on Buttons' treatment, which is more than $1,000.

"This gentleman even sent us a sympathy card," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "All I know is they didn't want us to get ahold of her."

Stewart resigned from the hospital, filed a complaint with the Collierville Police Department and says she will do the same with the state licensing authorities, although it's not clear that any laws were broken or any ethics were violated.

"I don't understand their reasoning for doing it," she said, explaining that usually if a doctor does not think a dog should be euthanized, he or she refuses to do it or offers to take custody of the dog to care for it.

In this case, she said, records show Buttons was put under anesthesia used for surgery when Mr. Kimberlin was in the office. "To anybody that doesn't work in the medical profession it would appear this dog was dead," she said.

Though they are upset, the Kimberlins said, they do not want to "ruin" Truitt. "We want to change this man," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We want to see that he's more honest with other people because he shouldn't be in business if he's not going to be ethical."

Meanwhile, the Kimberlins are enjoying having Buttons around, even if she's a bit more calm than her usual hyper self.

"She doesn't have the energy that she used to have at all. She's still not well," Mr. Kimberlin said. "I just hope we can keep her. I'm going to let her pass away here. I'm not going to take her to a vet unless it's one I like."
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:25 am

SAN BERNARDINO, California (AP) -- A woman says she still plans to marry the man who shot her in the groin and then held her hostage in his family's garage for six days.

Tina Marie Stebbins revealed her intentions in a letter released Monday as her boyfriend, Christian Leroy Lindblad, 37, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting her in June 2002.

"I love Christian today as deeply as I loved him before this awful thing happened to us," Stebbins wrote in a victim impact statement. "We are soul mates."

She added: "I want to tell you all that I have forgiven Christian. And I pray that Christian has forgiven me for failing him when he needed me most."

Lindblad and his parents tried to cover up the shooting by treating Stebbins with home remedies, according to a San Bernardino County Sheriff's report. They also threatened her young sons and her family, the report said.

Critically wounded, Stebbins was airlifted to a hospital after Lindblad mentioned the incident to a family friend who was a firefighter.

Lindblad pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted murder as his trial was about to begin in early October. He has said the shooting was an accident.

His father, Robert Leroy Lindblad, 72, pleaded guilty in 2003 to being an accessory and was sentenced to three years in prison.

His mother, Shirley Royann Samantha Lindblad, 62, was sentenced to three years probation after pleading guilty to the same charge
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/16/shot. ... index.html
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 pm

Couple says vet faked dog's death

November 11, 2005 - It had been a rough time for Buttons. The 3-year-old toy fox terrier, who has pancreatitis and a heart murmur, was ill for more than a month, vomiting daily and undergoing treatment both at home and at an animal hospital.

Buttons' condition was not improving, and the prognosis was not promising. Despite conflicting emotions, her owners decided to end her misery. "We just didn't want her suffering," Betty Jody Kimberlin said.

So her husband of 50 years, James Kimberlin, took Buttons to Companion Animal Hospital in Collierville, Tenn., and watched as she was put to sleep -- or so he thought, until she arrived back at their home days later, yapping and happy to see him.

"She looked up at me and she started talking, making funny noises," he said. "She jumped up in my arms, and you talk about love at second sight, that was it. This was really something."

The strange tale of Buttons' apparent resurrection has led to complaints being filed against a Collierville veterinarian, Jerry A. Truitt. An employee said Truitt was not at Companion Animal Hospital when ABCNEWS.com tried to contact him, and the hospital declined comment. Truitt and the hospital also would not comment when questioned by ABC affiliate WPTY in Memphis.

Revived and Renamed

According to her owners, Buttons is a feisty little dog whose demeanor belies her strong pedigree. "They're good, well-bred dogs -- Buttons doesn't act it," Mrs. Kimberlin said with a laugh.

Though the couple has had and lost many dogs, she said, she and her husband were crushed about Buttons' illness. "We loved all the dogs that we had, but Buttons was just like another child almost -- she still is," she said.

When he took her to the hospital for the last time, Mr. Kimberlin was torn. "I carried her around as long as I could," he said. "I cried like a baby."

Still, he signed a euthanasia form authorizing the animal clinic to put Buttons to sleep and reiterated his wishes to Truitt, who then gave her an injection.

"She just laid down and I asked him to listen with a stethoscope to listen to her heart. He did, and he said, 'She's gone,'" Kimberlin said. "I said, 'Thank you,' and I was boo-hooing. I walked on out to my car and boo-hooed for a long time before I could even leave. It was terrible. I've never done anything so hard in my life."

Theresa Stewart, a veterinary technician at the animal hospital who cared for Buttons during her stays there, was not working the Tuesday last month when Kimberlin brought her in. Stewart learned she had been euthanized when she returned the next day, and she signed a sympathy card that was sent to the Kimberlins -- which Truitt signed as well.

So she was quite surprised that Thursday when she saw Buttons in a cage in the treatment area of the hospital -- and an attached card said her name was Zipper.

"It was crazy," Stewart said. "The dog knows me. The dog's wagging her tail, screaming, hollering."

Stewart said she asked the doctor on duty what had happened and was told Buttons now was named Zipper and would be up for adoption.

Since she suspected Zipper was actually Buttons and rightfully belonged to the Kimberlins, Stewart told the doctors she wanted to adopt the dog so she could take her from the hospital. "By this time she had quit vomiting and was doing well," she said.

Stewart copied the dog's records and had her examined by an outside veterinarian to confirm that Zipper was in fact Buttons. He told her that their physical characteristics matched and she should take Buttons back to the Kimberlins.

"It was great," Stewart said of the reunion. "I'll never forget the look on his face when he saw his little dog."

"We were just astounded," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We could not believe it."

Though she still is not completely well, Buttons' health has improved thanks to a special no-fat diet prescribed by a new veterinarian. "It's just all been a miracle, really a miracle," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We're really, really thankful."

Mystery Remains

Though the Kimberlins are grateful to have more time with their pet, many questions remain. They said Truitt called them Wednesday after WPTY reported the story and said he would return the money they spent on Buttons' treatment, which is more than $1,000.

"This gentleman even sent us a sympathy card," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "All I know is they didn't want us to get ahold of her."

Stewart resigned from the hospital, filed a complaint with the Collierville Police Department and says she will do the same with the state licensing authorities, although it's not clear that any laws were broken or any ethics were violated.

"I don't understand their reasoning for doing it," she said, explaining that usually if a doctor does not think a dog should be euthanized, he or she refuses to do it or offers to take custody of the dog to care for it.

In this case, she said, records show Buttons was put under anesthesia used for surgery when Mr. Kimberlin was in the office. "To anybody that doesn't work in the medical profession it would appear this dog was dead," she said.

Though they are upset, the Kimberlins said, they do not want to "ruin" Truitt. "We want to change this man," Mrs. Kimberlin said. "We want to see that he's more honest with other people because he shouldn't be in business if he's not going to be ethical."

Meanwhile, the Kimberlins are enjoying having Buttons around, even if she's a bit more calm than her usual hyper self.

"She doesn't have the energy that she used to have at all. She's still not well," Mr. Kimberlin said. "I just hope we can keep her. I'm going to let her pass away here. I'm not going to take her to a vet unless it's one I like."

This story is crazy...But comeon who puts their 3 year old dog to sleep!!! Geez!! They couldn't just try another vet?

Those people are retarded
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:26 pm

I saw this story and I felt the need to dig up this thread!

Phony Mall Santa Drops His Pants
Man Was Not Working For Mall

POSTED: 7:17 am EST December 7, 2005
UPDATED: 10:36 am EST December 7, 2005

SALEM, N.H. -- A man dressed as Santa was arrested after he walked into a New Hampshire mall and dropped his pants in front of some teens, according to a Local 6 News report.

Police said Richard Mullen walked into the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem and performed the act.

"He continued doing this multiple times," Salem police spokesman Robert Larson said. "He was asked to leave the mall by mall security. On his way out of the mall, he dropped the pants one more time as a couple was walking in."

Mullen did not work for the mall as Santa.

Residents at the mall said they were shocked by the man's actions.

"How would you explain that to them that Santa Claus is walking around pulling down his pants?" a mall shopper said. "How would you explain that to them? Yeah, that's disturbing."

Mullen was charged with disorderly conduct.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I don't understand flashers at all. Where is the thrill? And then you have to bring Santa into it. :-P
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:15 pm

I don't get it either :-t
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk