looking for a $money$ league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

looking for a $money$ league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

looking for a $money$ league

Postby io » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:20 am

does anyone know where to find them? .. are there any other sites that might have them in their classifieds? .. i haven't seen too many ads for it here, but i'm looking to join 1 or 2 (i'm new to it and have never tried it before).. are there any tips to avoid getting screwed? .. any help would be appreciated
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 pm

The best thing you could really do would be finding a league through this site. Many of the people that would be participating would be cafe regulars. If you are new to fantasy baseball in general, you will learn quite a bit by just being in a league with experienced owners. You can join many sites such as CBS, ESPN, etc but the payouts are very small for the amount paid in. Their smallest team buy is $29.95/team with 10 teams in each league. The winner wins $150. This is 50% payout when many money leagues on this site are held on a free website such as Yahoo where the $30/ team would all be paid out. Not only will it give you a chance to communicate with owners (since most would be regulars on the cafe) but youd learn alot and have a chance at winning more cash.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

NFBC

Postby Cherokee Nation » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:24 pm

I play in the NFBC, which is run by Krause publications. There is no trading, which I had to get used to, but have learned that no trading is really much more fun and much more challenging.....and much more fair.

http://www.fantasybaseballchampionship.com/

The regular league cost is $ 1,250, with a $ 5,000 payout if you win your division & $ 100,000 if you beat everybody ( about 300 people ).

The also offer an Ultimate League which is a self contained division. It cost $ 5,000 and if you win your 15 team division the prize is $ 40,000

There are also significant prize $ in both leagues for 2nd and 3rd place finished, division & overall.

They also offer satellite leagues which are self contained divisions.....$ 250 division pays $ 1,900 to the winner of the 15 team division....$ 500 pays out $ 4,000 and $ 1,000 pays out $ 8,000.

The satellite leagues draft over the internet, the others draft in Las Vegas, Chicago, New York and Tampa Bay

If you're looking for a safe 5 X 5 mixed non-keeper I'd highly recommend the NFBC ( National Fantasy Baseball Championship ).

If you play in the $ 1,250 league you'll be competing against Meatloaf & Chris Moneymaker ( poker guy ), among others.
Cherokee Nation
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:57 pm

Is it just me or does that Fan. Bball web site flash with the pics... :-?

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cherokee Nation » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:53 pm

Is it just me or does that Fan. Bball web site flash with the pics...

is it just me or are your posts always so insightful, loaded with meaningful information :*)
Cherokee Nation
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds