Enough small ball talk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Enough small ball talk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:47 am

Well, Pogo. There is a lot of truth in that. I see it all the time where you guys team up on a guy for going against the grain or a single innocent comment (not you specifically, but let's just say the regular super-posters). Most of the time, when it occurs, it is pretty relentless too.

One of the main reasons why I rarely post here because I can't stand the egos and attitudes some of the regulars have. I know I'm not the only one either.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:57 am

Attitudes and egos regularly clash, so I understand. Usually I just try and steer clear, but for the most part I think we have open-minded people. That said if someone goes with or against the grain they better have something besides their own opinion to back it up.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:39 am

davus wrote:smallball prevails again!

You are just trying to anger someone by such a statement. Back it up. You watched the games. Longball prevails again. I would like to see someone's example of how Chicago is scoring with smallball? Pods singled last night, stole 2nd, with none out, was stranded. Chicago blasted 2 more homers.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:49 pm

HOOTIE wrote:

You are just trying to anger someone by such a statement. Back it up. You watched the games. Longball prevails again. I would like to see someone's example of how Chicago is scoring with smallball? Pods singled last night, stole 2nd, with none out, was stranded. Chicago blasted 2 more homers.

I'm fairly certain he was just being sarcastic. He probalby should have put a ;-7 at the end of his post.

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:54 pm

davus wrote:Well, Pogo. There is a lot of truth in that. I see it all the time where you guys team up on a guy for going against the grain or a single innocent comment (not you specifically, but let's just say the regular super-posters). Most of the time, when it occurs, it is pretty relentless too.

One of the main reasons why I rarely post here because I can't stand the egos and attitudes some of the regulars have. I know I'm not the only one either.

Pointy stick removed
Last edited by wrveres on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:57 pm

HOOTIE wrote:

another pointy stick removed :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
nuggets wrote:Some of you need to gain perspective on just how much time you spend in front of a screen and on fantasy baseball and what that does to the way you converse about it. I’m sure many of you are great guys to go to a game with, but here most of you come off as pretentious a-holes. This place would have a lot more active membership if it weren’t this way. But then again, many of you might not want you little club disturbed.

Does anyone else think it is a little funny that this post came from someone who has over 1700 posts in the last 6 months? :-b

Indeed.

No1 is forced to post here.....so I find it interesting when people say something like this.

My 6.86 posts a day usually only take around 10-15 mins max.

;-7
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BOOF » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:51 am

HOOTIE wrote:

Didn't the Sox just win the World Series with a sac bunt and single?
http://boof.com
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:24 am

BOOF wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:

True, they won that game with it. Looking at the 12 post season games for Chicago, i found they had 6 SH and 2 SF. They did score some runs by it, out of the 67 they scored. But it doesn't seem to be a great %. Imo, the real difference was Chicagos 18 hrs versus giving up only 9.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby BOOF » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:36 am

HOOTIE wrote:
BOOF wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:

True, they won that game with it. Looking at the 12 post season games for Chicago, i found they had 6 SH and 2 SF. They did score some runs by it, out of the 67 they scored. But it doesn't seem to be a great %. Imo, the real difference was Chicagos 18 hrs versus giving up only 9.

I understand the statistical analysis, but when it comes down to the most important time of the whole season, it's hard for even the most objective mind to not at least aknowledge that the Sox won a fair share of important games playing "small ball".
http://boof.com
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers