Enough small ball talk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Enough small ball talk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 am

davus wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:davus I don't understand the hostility. No one is saying the Sox are a bad team, just that the media misrepresents them.

Hey, I didn't come into this thread harboring any hostility. I was just stating, hey they are playing great ball so who cares how they are getting it done

Well, some people here obviously care about it, enough to make a topic on it and discuss it. The media is misrepresenting the Sox, and it's just irritating after a while. People were actually discussing it like you do on a message board, yet you come in and contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion except act like you're better than everyone in here because you don't have as many posts. Oh yes, you have a life, and no one else on this entire site does. Right. Yeah, you're cool. :-t
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Apollo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:05 am

nuggets wrote:Some of you need to gain perspective on just how much time you spend in front of a screen and on fantasy baseball and what that does to the way you converse about it. I’m sure many of you are great guys to go to a game with, but here most of you come off as pretentious a-holes. This place would have a lot more active membership if it weren’t this way. But then again, many of you might not want you little club disturbed.

I haven't been involved in this thread--just read through it now--but nuggets, I don't think you and I are reading the same posts. The other guys were making fun of the announcers getting things wrong all the time, and davus came in swinging. If you ask me, he's the only one that's come off as an a-hole in this thread... an awfully immature one at that.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby davus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:40 am

Apollo wrote:
nuggets wrote:Some of you need to gain perspective on just how much time you spend in front of a screen and on fantasy baseball and what that does to the way you converse about it. I’m sure many of you are great guys to go to a game with, but here most of you come off as pretentious a-holes. This place would have a lot more active membership if it weren’t this way. But then again, many of you might not want you little club disturbed.

I haven't been involved in this thread--just read through it now--but nuggets, I don't think you and I are reading the same posts. The other guys were making fun of the announcers getting things wrong all the time, and davus came in swinging. If you ask me, he's the only one that's come off as an a-hole in this thread... an awfully immature one at that.

Apparently you didn't read the thread very well because I swung back after I was made fun of for saying the White Sox are playing great, don't be jealous.

Hi. I don't know you.

Hi.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:40 am

HOOTIE wrote:Chicago has now scored 59 post season runs. 30 of the 59 came by the homer. During the year, Chicago hit a hr every 27 abs. During the post season it's been 1 hr every 20 ab.

By comparision, Boston last year in post season hit only 18 hrs, 1 every 29 abs.

Update: 32 of 66 runs by homers. Blums hr tonight was like Pods, the difference.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby davus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:34 am

smallball prevails again!
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:51 am

davus wrote:smallball prevails again!

So says the media, it must be true. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby JTWood » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:02 am

nuggets wrote:This place would have a lot more active membership if it weren’t this way. But then again, many of you might not want you little club disturbed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but davus has been here longer than most of us.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby davus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:06 am

JTWood wrote:
nuggets wrote:This place would have a lot more active membership if it weren’t this way. But then again, many of you might not want you little club disturbed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but davus has been here longer than most of us.

That is correct. I could have you all banned with a snap of my finger, but I'm not that kinda guy. I know you are all having a bad month because the Sox keep winning wit da smallball game.

:-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:18 am

Does anyone else think it is a little funny that this post came from someone who has over 1700 posts in the last 6 months? :-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:43 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:

Does anyone else think it is a little funny that this post came from someone who has over 1700 posts in the last 6 months? :-b

Apparently, it was that kind of night last night. Check out what wrveres had to say last night during Game Three:

JTWood wrote:
wrveres wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
wrveres wrote:7

Now I see why you have such a high post count... :-b

who pays attention to that chit ...

Well, I recall a certain someone who shall remain nameless that started his own 10k thread.

:-D

Link
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers