Let's talk World Series! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Let's talk World Series!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:33 pm

davidmarver wrote:The real reason you should be rooting for the 'Stros is Bagwell and Biggio.

This is exactly why I'm rooting for the Astros. Bags and Biggio are two classy guys who deserve to win a ring before they retire. And it would be especially sweet for them to do it for the big league team they've played together on for 15 years or whatever it is. Go Houston! ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:47 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I'm not sure how anyone could not give Chicago a chance in this series. They have a better lineup, homefield advantage and equal starting pitching (that 4th starter is huge boost).

Wow... It's like you were reading my mind.

I really think the Sox are the fav here because their starting pitching seems equal to the task, their pen's not shabby by any stretch, and they have a better offense. After watching three games of the NLCS, I told someone here in an e-mail that a) I didn't see how the Cards were going to win the NLCS, and b) I didn't think either team had a chance in the World Series.

I'm rooting for Bagwell and Biggio. I'm betting on the ChiSox.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RynMan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:29 pm

The majority is saying Houston, and when I think about it I really think they are the favourites. But then again, we are talking about the game of baseball here and I've been playing it long enough to know that things dont usually go as you planned, which makes me think the Sox might just win it.

I'm still picking Houston though. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:36 pm

I picked the 'Stros in 7, but this could totally go the other way. In baseball, there is always that possibility. And that possibility is no greater than this year, where parity seems to be the operative word.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:55 pm

Astros in 5

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 pm

Pretty much a toss up for me. I think the AL has a slight advantage with 4 home games, and the dh for those 4.

Everything has gone Chicago's way this year it seems. Sox in 7.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby blankman » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:40 am

davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:I don't really care that much about Clemens. I did not like the way he left the team with his "retirement," but I certainly don't have a dislike for him. I appreciate everything he did in NY (being at The Stadium for his 300th win is one of my favorite baseball memories), but I can't say I go out of my way to root for him too much now. Him winning is perfectly fine with me and he deserves it, but the guy I care about is Pettitte and I hope, for him, the Astros win.

Rooting for the Astros is cool, but how can you be rooting for the Astros based on Pettitte? He's won a bunch before. The real reason you should be rooting for the 'Stros is Bagwell and Biggio.

Dave, please don't tell why I can root for a team.

I have my reasons, you have yours. I don't care that Pettitte has already won, he's the reason I want them to win.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 pm

blankman wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:I don't really care that much about Clemens. I did not like the way he left the team with his "retirement," but I certainly don't have a dislike for him. I appreciate everything he did in NY (being at The Stadium for his 300th win is one of my favorite baseball memories), but I can't say I go out of my way to root for him too much now. Him winning is perfectly fine with me and he deserves it, but the guy I care about is Pettitte and I hope, for him, the Astros win.

Rooting for the Astros is cool, but how can you be rooting for the Astros based on Pettitte? He's won a bunch before. The real reason you should be rooting for the 'Stros is Bagwell and Biggio.

Dave, please don't tell why I can root for a team.

I have my reasons, you have yours. I don't care that Pettitte has already won, he's the reason I want them to win.

Fair enough, but it's odd because it seems like the mass consensus is that it's Biggio and Bagwell's turn for glory.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Hmm, I really can see this going either way, but eh...Stros in 7
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby prodpaul » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:55 pm

I say Sox in 6

Tetelestai
prodpaul