Mazzone to Baltimore - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mazzone to Baltimore

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:39 am

And he had to come to the AL East. My Yanks blew it on this one.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:11 am

Give Dal Canton the job ;-D ;-D ;-D

I think the odds of AJ going to the O's just skyrocketed. Leo has always said that he LOVES Burnett... put him on the O's with Leo... and he might be underrated next year.

Just think of what Leo can do with Burnett's stuff 8-o

Oh, and Hampton's getting TJ... but insurance will cover most of his contract, not to mention all the millions of dollars that have been in escrow that have been amortized these past few years.

I hope Sosa and Thomson get traded, and the Braves go after a #2 quality pitcher, and give James the other spot... I just don't see Sosa or Thomson being as effective without Leo by their side week to week. Plus, they can probably get a lot in a trade, with Sosa's recent success, and Thomson's cheap contract.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:57 am

Brandnew,

I think you are right that the Braves should trade Sosa while his value is high and his contract really small but I can't see them trading both Sosa and Thomson before next year. While it's great to have Smoltz and Hudson at the top of their rotation I doubt they would want to go into next year with so much inexperience at the end of their rotation. They could go out and get a solid #3 but I'm not sure how many people they have to try to resign this year besides Furcal.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brandnew » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:39 pm

They don't really have anyone to re-sign besides Furcal. Mondesi, Kolb, Furcal, Thomson (4 Mil. after his option's picked up and if he's traded), Martin, and Hampton's amortized contract/insurance are all available to spend...

They might try to stay financially flexible, though, in order to try to re-sign Giles soon.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Phatferd » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:32 pm

bane wrote:I would look forward to the O's pursuing AJ Burnett.

I listened to Mazzone being interviewed on Dan Patrick Friday and Dan asked him, "What one pitcher in your opinion is just on verge of breaking out in a big way and who you could do good things with." Mazzone said Burnett...

Makes you wonder. I was a little bit suprised actually because I thought this could be tampering.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:11 pm

It's so obvious the O's want Burnett badly, and Leo has always said he's loved Burnett. I'd put my money on AJ going to Baltimore, and breaking out in a big way...
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:20 pm

brandnew wrote:It's so obvious the O's want Burnett badly, and Leo has always said he's loved Burnett. I'd put my money on AJ going to Baltimore, and breaking out in a big way...

I think that very well may happen, but if he does go to Baltimore I think that so many people will share your view that his breakout will be overhyped and he will go much earlier than he should based on his career so far.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers