Girlfriend Card...help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Girlfriend Card...help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Girlfriend Card...help

Postby On the DL » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:50 pm

I have this girlfriend right. This monday we will be our four month. I didn't think I should give her a present, but thought a simple card would be nice. I could slip it into her bag w.o her knowing.

What should I make it say? Something that will make me sound really good!

Here is what I got...

Name,
There past four months have been amazing. You are such a great person. I know we arnt where we want to be right now but we will get there. You are so unique and genuine and I am enthused that I be able to date you.

Patrick

any suggestions?
A Hot Dog at Fenway is better then a Steak at the Ritz
On the DL
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:05 pm

I don't know, I think that anniversaries for thing like "four months" are a little antiquated.

Here's my suggestion... ditch the sappy card. Take her to a nice dinner. And I mean nice! Like, $30/plate minimum.

Don't even get her anything, just take her out somewhere you've never been before. Show her that you're in it for the lang haul and you're willing to do quite a bit to impress her. A card isn't going to do it. So, either nice dinner, or nothing at all.

If you don't get laid that night, let me know... I'll have a word with her.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Girlfriend Card...help

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:05 pm

On the DL wrote:I have this girlfriend right. This monday we will be our four month. I didn't think I should give her a present, but thought a simple card would be nice. I could slip it into her bag w.o her knowing.

Here is what I got...

Name,
There past four months have been amazing. You are such a great person. I know we arnt where we want to be right now but we will get there. You are so unique and genuine and I am enthused that I be able to date you.

Patrick

any suggestions?

Or this one:

Pet Name,
The past four months have been amazing. You've supported me through my fantasy baseball team through the high times and the low times. You convinced me to take Tomlinson even though I wanted to take Manning. Please let me treat you to a lemonade as we watch MNF. You're the best.

Patrick
(Your fantasy baseball team name)

Seriously though, at the end instead of "enthused that I am able to date you" put glad that I get to spend time with you. Just sounds better. I'll have my wife read this over and let you know if she'd go for it. ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:06 pm

and I am enthused that I be able to date you.
I would cut this. Try "I feel lucky that we met and got together."
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:13 pm

Seriously man, enthused that I be able to date you? Ouch!

How about,

Dear Honey Bunny,

I like your toes. They do not smell. No, I mean, they smell nice. Like your hair. Which I like to sniff when you're not paying attention. I would like to get to second base with you. I am not sure where second base is either, but I'm quite sure that I have been caught stealing a number of times. I wish I were more like Chone Figgins. Your catcher has a good arm. And your pitcher has a nice slide step. Anyway, i want you to know how magical the past four months have been. I have been counting the days. Four months is like, almost 120 days. That's awesome. You're awesome. Not like Vin Deisel is awesome, but in a more feminine way. I like the way you chew gum. I am enthused.

Yours truly, forever and ever, and ever, and maybe even a few more evers,

On the DL
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby On the DL » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:14 pm

It is the 24, on a monday. I can take her out to dinner that night and ill slip her a card later. So this is the card now

Name,
There past four months have been amazing. You are such a great person. I know we arnt where we want to be right now but we will get there. You are so unique and genuine and glad that I get to spend time with you. I feel lucky that we met and are now together. Four months is like, almost 120 days. That's awesome. You're awesome. Kinda like how Vin Deisel is awesome, but in a more feminine way. You rock!

Patrick
A Hot Dog at Fenway is better then a Steak at the Ritz
On the DL
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rob0417 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:21 pm

Definitly don't give her a card. You are just going to get stressed out trying to figure out what to say, for something that is either going to be thrown away or stuffed in a draw somewhere. I have never given my wife a card. I bought one for our wedding but forgot it at work the day before.

this is what you do either take her out somewhere nice, or as I prefer send her flowers at work. It will make her the center of attention for that day, and she will think it so sweet.

I also figured out a great cheap gift idea, which I feel like sharing. There is a web site called Custom Calendars. And what you do is send in pictures and a list of special dates and they will create a calendar highlighting those dates. The base price is only 30 bucks, with some additional add ons. basically for like 50 bucks you will looks like the greatest guy in the world. I am getting my wife that christmas. I just have to find a way to steal pictures from the house withour her getting suspicious.
rob0417
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:25 pm

for some people, sappy little things like notes and cards really work.
i am ordinarily not one of those grammar nazis (make a fair number of mistakes myself) but i figure if you want to impress someone it might be nice to communicate it properly.

so here are some changes for you:

Name,
The past four months have been amazing. You are such a great person. I know we arn't where we want to be right now but we will get there. You are so unique and genuine and i am glad that I get to spend time with you. I feel lucky that we met and are now together.

Patrick

suggestions--try to incorporate something more personal. recall a previous date, conversation, or joke that you shared. you dont really need our help for this part. just be yourself, unless you are some kind of axe murdering weirdo.
Last edited by j_d_mcnugent on Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby slomo007 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:26 pm

Coppermine wrote:Seriously man, enthused that I be able to date you? Ouch!

How about,

Dear Honey Bunny,

I like your toes. They do not smell. No, I mean, they smell nice. Like your hair. Which I like to sniff when you're not paying attention. I would like to get to second base with you. I am not sure where second base is either, but I'm quite sure that I have been caught stealing a number of times. I wish I were more like Chone Figgins. Your catcher has a good arm. And your pitcher has a nice slide step. Anyway, i want you to know how magical the past four months have been. I have been counting the days. Four months is like, almost 120 days. That's awesome. You're awesome. Not like Vin Deisel is awesome, but in a more feminine way. I like the way you chew gum. I am enthused.

Yours truly, forever and ever, and ever, and maybe even a few more evers,

On the DL

Nice. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Re: Girlfriend Card...help

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:28 pm

On the DL wrote:I have this girlfriend right. This monday we will be our four month. I didn't think I should give her a present, but thought a simple card would be nice. I could slip it into her bag w.o her knowing.

Here is what I got...

Name,

Patrick

any suggestions?

What is this Aunt Fanny's Relationship hotline..Geez come on man..Post a picture of a hot chick at least before posting mushy stuff.

But since you asked I'd write

Dear girl,

Boning you is awesome!

Love me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk