100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2B Ranks.....for 06

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:21 pm

thanks guys!

i moved BRob down below Lopez
Belliard above Vidro
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:32 pm

I really think Mike Lowell can be a huge sleeper at 2B next year. If he has any kind of rebound at all, his stats for a 2nd basemen would be fantastic.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:31 pm

No way Roberts has a better year than Cantu or Giles. Roberts is OVERRATED because of his 1st half, and nothing suggest he would of done that......Hmmmmmmmm kind of sounds like Beltre to me.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Apex » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:38 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I really think Mike Lowell can be a huge sleeper at 2B next year. If he has any kind of rebound at all, his stats for a 2nd basemen would be fantastic.

This is what I have my eyes on at the moment. I don't think a lot of people noticed that Lowell got in the right number of 2B starts at the end of the season, and with the numbers he posted this year, a lot of people might be ignoring him completely.

I'm considering treating 2B like a lot of people treat catcher. In my league, we keep 6 players, and I expect Soriano, Utley and Figgins to be kept going into next season. The next 3-4 guys off the list are a little better than the rest, but not enough for me to pick them in rounds 7-10, so I plan to just wait until the last few rounds and take whomever falls to me. A lot of guys could have outstanding seasons, and I'd rather take my chances on getting lucky at the end than reaching for one that doesn't pan out.

Just my thoughts.....
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:18 pm

J. Castillo (Pit - 2B)

sleeper ... ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Re: 2B Ranks.....for 06

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:13 am

dyuen87 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:gota show biggio more love than that. a .260 average isn't terrible, but with 26 dingers, 69 rbis, and 96 runs, he has pretty good power from your 2b hole. from what i remember he was a pretty streaky player this year which wasnt good to see, but he's proven for years he can get it done. if it isnt a keeper league id draft him probably right after figgins.
Crazy talk. I'll take Giles before Biggio everyday and twice on Sundays.

crazy talk? i highly doubt that. as long it's not a keeper leauge, you've got to put these two on similar levels. by the way you said that it would seem like giles is a lot better than biggio, but in reality biggio is just as good if not better than giles. a slight dropoff in average is worth 11 more homers in a season and 6 more rbis. their runs scored is similar and giles has 5 more sbs. you would probably be able to pick up biggio in later rounds of the draft as well.
Biggio over Giles is a bad idea. 28 points is not a slight drop-off in BA. Just using last year's numbers you are sacrificing 28 points in BA, 5 SB and 10 runs for 10 HR and 6 RBI. Giles earned $7 more than Biggio in a 5x5 last year and given their ages I doubt anything will change next year. Biggio just had a career high in HR and will turn 40 next year. If you expect him to repeat I think your expecting a little too much.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:31 am

I agree with Pogo on this one. Don't get me wrong, Biggio had a great year but I don't see him outperforming Giles next year. I think Giles could be slightly undervalued next year. I do think he's going to miss Furcal batting in the leadoff spot though (but not enough to drop him behind Giles)
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:35 am

blankman wrote:
thomasps3 wrote:The onyl thing I think you guys ar emissing is the fact that Cantu hit 28 HRs, had 117 RBI and .286 average, I would have him ranked top 5, and no less. CANO WILL POST MUCH MORE PEDESTRIAN NUMBERS THIS YEAR, GUARANTEED.

Edit: Cantu is also only 23 years old!

Guarenteed? Based on what?

Too funny what prejudice does to people's ratings of players, young and old.

I'd have no problems banking on Cano as my 2B in 2006 and even moreso in leagues counting doubles and/or not OBP.

Prejudiced? What does that mean? Cantu is from Mexico, and if oyu are talking about the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan, then you're just plain wrong thre too.

Cano and Cantu both had really low obp around .320, but I don't ever see Cano going 28/117 in the power categories, even if he hits in the 3 hole in NY.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:48 am

I don't see how it can be prejudice when Cantu crushed Cano last year. Cano had 75 less AB than Cantu but that doesn't make up 14 HR and 55 RBI. Only 3 months seperates them in age.

Cantu even had more doubles per AB ;-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:I don't see how it can be prejudice when Cantu crushed Cano last year. Cano had 75 less AB than Cantu but that doesn't make up 14 HR and 55 RBI. Only 3 months seperates them in age.

Cantu even had more doubles per AB ;-)

Who's saying he'll beat out Cantu? Did I say that? Absolutely not.

Its got nothing to do with Cantu. What it does have to do with is the baseless assertion that "Cano will put up much more pedestrian numbers."
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers