Return to Baseball Leftovers

Leo to NY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:49 am

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°

I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°

You would hope so, but then again, in the NL West, you could make the playoffs with a team just as good as the last place team in the NL East. ;-)

whose representitve you should add .... won ONE playoff game. ;-7

That's better than the SweptRES now isn't it?

This is going to get locked soon....

why is it getting locked?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:52 am

blankman wrote:In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.

Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.

it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b

there is a word for that ...

I'll go look it up :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:54 am

wrveres wrote:

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.

it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b

Shall I go start up a Pad's suck thread?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:55 am

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Is that supposed to bother me ? :-b :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:15 am

blankman wrote:
That's better than the SweptRES now isn't it?

This is going to get locked soon....

I gotta say, I think "Sweptveres" sounds better. I mean, it's the "v" that really makes you recognize that name.

Seriously, though? I just think you two should get drunk and knock eachothers' teeth out. Seriously, how much of your respective post counts are devouted to bickering with one another?
O:-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:33 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Is that supposed to bother me ? :-b :-b

I think we've done enough for one night.

Good night.

Here's hoping Leo comes to help fix that mess of a staff up in NY. ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby brandnew » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:40 am

That's called "heating up?"

Alright, New York, keep praying...
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:17 am

I didn't realize that Leo was only making 225k. That's ridiculous! I've heard a couple of places now that he's also talking with the O's and that he's best friends with the new O's manager. I would think that the O's would offer him a decent amount of money and wouldn't offer the overpowering spotlight of New York. As he comes to the twilight of his career I don't think he's really looking for the notoriety and pressure I've working in New York. If he goes anywhere I think it will be to the O's.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers