Leo to NY? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Leo to NY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:49 am

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°


I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°


You would hope so, but then again, in the NL West, you could make the playoffs with a team just as good as the last place team in the NL East. ;-)


whose representitve you should add .... won ONE playoff game. ;-7


That's better than the SweptRES now isn't it?

This is going to get locked soon....


why is it getting locked?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:52 am

blankman wrote:In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.


Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.


it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b


there is a word for that ...

..
..
I'll go look it up :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:54 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.


Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.


it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b


there is a word for that ...

..
..
I'll go look it up :-)


Shall I go start up a Pad's suck thread?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:55 am

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.


Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.


it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b


there is a word for that ...

..
..
I'll go look it up :-)


Shall I go start up a Pad's suck thread?


Is that supposed to bother me ? :-b :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:15 am

blankman wrote:
That's better than the SweptRES now isn't it?

This is going to get locked soon....


I gotta say, I think "Sweptveres" sounds better. I mean, it's the "v" that really makes you recognize that name.

Seriously, though? I just think you two should get drunk and knock eachothers' teeth out. Seriously, how much of your respective post counts are devouted to bickering with one another?
O:-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:33 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.


Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.


it always cracks me up that you decide to attack the Padres, unprovoked, and then you start complaining about the thread topic bieng diverted .. ... :-b :-b :-b


there is a word for that ...

..
..
I'll go look it up :-)


Shall I go start up a Pad's suck thread?


Is that supposed to bother me ? :-b :-b


I think we've done enough for one night.

Good night.

Here's hoping Leo comes to help fix that mess of a staff up in NY. ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:40 am

That's called "heating up?"

Alright, New York, keep praying...
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:17 am

I didn't realize that Leo was only making 225k. That's ridiculous! I've heard a couple of places now that he's also talking with the O's and that he's best friends with the new O's manager. I would think that the O's would offer him a decent amount of money and wouldn't offer the overpowering spotlight of New York. As he comes to the twilight of his career I don't think he's really looking for the notoriety and pressure I've working in New York. If he goes anywhere I think it will be to the O's.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact