Leo to NY? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Leo to NY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:49 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Also, why do the Yankees need permission? Isn't Mazzone's contract up? Why wouldn't he be able to talk to the Yankees, or any other team, anyway?

If his contract was up the Yankees wouldn't need permission. According to the article posted above he's under contract for 2006.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby tomahawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:34 pm

brandnew wrote:I SERIOUSLY doubt this. Even though it's a possibility Leo leaves, I can't see him at all going to the Yankees over the Orioles, to join his good friend Lee Mazilli, and all the good young arms they have over there, unless Leo is THAT desperate for money to go to New York.

Honestly, I don't think he's leaving Atlanta though. I'm sure that working with Lee is tempting, but I don't see him leaving this franchise.


The only thing that would cause Mazzone to leave ATL is the fact that he makes about $225k a year. I'm not sure if he just doesn't care about money or what, but that figure is INSANELY low. I'm sure the Yanks would be offering hime ten times that. Should be interesting.
tomahawk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 70
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:53 pm

tomahawk wrote:
brandnew wrote:I SERIOUSLY doubt this. Even though it's a possibility Leo leaves, I can't see him at all going to the Yankees over the Orioles, to join his good friend Lee Mazilli, and all the good young arms they have over there, unless Leo is THAT desperate for money to go to New York.

Honestly, I don't think he's leaving Atlanta though. I'm sure that working with Lee is tempting, but I don't see him leaving this franchise.


The only thing that would cause Mazzone to leave ATL is the fact that he makes about $225k a year. I'm not sure if he just doesn't care about money or what, but that figure is INSANELY low. I'm sure the Yanks would be offering hime ten times that. Should be interesting.


Oh, wow. He's severely underpaid for the job he does. You can bet NY will offer him upwards of $2 M a year.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:38 pm

three pages and not one mention of Mazzones playoff record ..

i thought the only thing that mattered was winning the ring spankee guys ... ? ? ?

Making the playoff was a given, right? Its the post season that matters? right?

My guess, if this does happen ...

You can pretty much take any of Spank04 posts and substitue the name Mazzone in there for 2006.

(BTW, does anybody find it absolutley hilarious that he calls himself spank04?. I mean this IS the year that they set the playoff record for futility right? Cracks me up every time I see it) :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:17 am

Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:33 am

blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°


I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:39 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°


I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°


You would hope so, but then again, in the NL West, you could make the playoffs with a team just as good as the last place team in the NL East. ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:41 am

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°


I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°


You would hope so, but then again, in the NL West, you could make the playoffs with a team just as good as the last place team in the NL East. ;-)


whose representitve you should add .... won ONE playoff game. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:46 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:Speaking of retarded names, how about those the San Diego SweptRES?

But anyway, hopefully his current low salary brings him to NY. Maybe Wright could not suck again. :-°


I'd like to think that if we had a 205 million dollar payroll, (4x what we actually spent) we would have won at least TWO playoff games. :-°


You would hope so, but then again, in the NL West, you could make the playoffs with a team just as good as the last place team in the NL East. ;-)


whose representitve you should add .... won ONE playoff game. ;-7


That's better than the SweptRES now isn't it?

This is going to get locked soon....
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:48 am

In actual Leo news,

Talks between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone are heating up, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.

"Leo is very good at what he does," Yankees manager Joe Torre told the paper at a news conference in New York on Tuesday, the first time Torre has spoken publicly since his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the Anaheim Angels.

"I was managing the Braves when Leo was in the minor-league system over there. So he wouldn't be a stranger to me. ... I'm going to be consulted. I hope that what I have to say goes a long way."

"We have been talking to the Yankees, that's correct," Mazzone's attorney, Jack Reale, told the Journal-Constitution on Tuesday, adding that the Orioles also expressed interest in Mazzone.


Not big news on the matter, but something topic related at least.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:24 hours
(and 92 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact