CHASE UTLEY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CHASE UTLEY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:02 pm

He plays in Philly and should have a great year again. I see him and Ryan Howard being a great combo for years to come.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:51 pm

Anybody have him passing Soriano in their rankings if Soriano is traded out of Texas?
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:01 pm

Music2004Man wrote:Anybody have him passing Soriano in their rankings if Soriano is traded out of Texas?

I still believe I would take Soriano ahead of him.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:16 pm

kentx12 wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Anybody have him passing Soriano in their rankings if Soriano is traded out of Texas?

I still believe I would take Soriano ahead of him.

Unless he ends up at Shea Stadium... :-o :-°

It'd take something major for Utley to leapfrog Soriano, but if Soriano somehow ended up a Met, I think I'd be ready to do it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:48 am

Fair enough. So it looks like Utley isn't moving up past Soriano unless Soriano moves to where fantasy players go to die (Shea). As a Phillies fan it's nice to see him as a solid #2 and I'm looking forward to him mashing for the next couple of years.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:21 am

i would still take soriano, but also would not be suprised if at the end of the year utley is the best 2b in 2006......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:33 am

I'm liking Utley a lot for 06, but I could see his value going way up this offseason and he will be taken very early, perhaps earlier than he should.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:42 am

tuff_gong wrote:I'm liking Utley a lot for 06, but I could see his value going way up this offseason and he will be taken very early, perhaps earlier than he should.

Agree with this statement, and that many may take him in the first 4 rounds? Too early for me, also I'm not completely sold on Utley. I'm usually reluctant to jump on the unproven guy bandwagon, and this is the case with Utley

The guy only has 944 career ABs, and the projection for him is top 2 2B next year? I know 2B is weak, but that seems a little exaggerated. I think the AVG will drop down to the .270 range, and the HRs and RBIs drop to low 20s and the 80s. IMO pitchers will start pitching him tougher and that 2nd full year around will hurt him. I'm gonna wait to draft 2B again this year, and be happy with the production I get from my late picks.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TB13 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:57 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:i would still take soriano, but also would not be suprised if at the end of the year utley is the best 2b in 2006......

If Utley continues to progress and hits to the tune of .290-.300/33-35HR's/110-115 RBI's/100 runs/15-20 steals, that's more than just being the best 2nd basemen. Those (completely acheiveable, IMO) numbers would land him in good company amongst outfielders. And such production as a 2nd baseman should land him within the top 20-24 players (or first 2 rounds).
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby swyck » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:36 pm

RAmst23 wrote:The guy only has 944 career ABs, and the projection for him is top 2 2B next year? I know 2B is weak, but that seems a little exaggerated. I think the AVG will drop down to the .270 range, and the HRs and RBIs drop to low 20s and the 80s. IMO pitchers will start pitching him tougher and that 2nd full year around will hurt him. I'm gonna wait to draft 2B again this year, and be happy with the production I get from my late picks.

You could be right. Waiting on 2b is not a bad strategy, and it what I usually do if someone doesnt drop to me.

However you're just guessing about how he'll do next year, not basing it on any numbers. He's improved every year he's been in the bigs, and IMO he's more likely improve then to drop. THe Phils put a lot of runner on in a hitter's park. He should get his RBI's.

4th or 5th round is about right on to lock up a stud 2b. Dont think I'd go higher at this time, and I either Soriano or Utley aren't available there, I'll wait again on 2bs.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers