CHASE UTLEY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CHASE UTLEY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CHASE UTLEY

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:33 pm

What do you guys think Utley's value is likely to be heading into drafts next year? And do you believe in him? It seems to me that with his approaching the years 27 and 28, this past season (2/3rds?) might have been for real and if so, he seems like he might be upper-echelon at 2B for the next few years.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Re: CHASE UTLEY

Postby da1chipo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:50 pm

hooligan1 wrote:What do you guys think Utley's value is likely to be heading into drafts next year? And do you believe in him? It seems to me that with his approaching the years 27 and 28, this past season (2/3rds?) might have been for real and if so, he seems like he might be upper-echelon at 2B for the next few years.

I'm just hoping that no big deal is made of him on ESPN so my friends won't be familiar with him. I think he's the real deal.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby bucksox » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:57 pm

dude is nails.
he anchored my 2B most of the year in H2H and almost never disappointed compared to others at his position. I made him one of my keepers. If I hadn't I would have tried my best to get him as one of the top 3 2B out there.
bucksox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:29 pm

At the end of the season I ranked the top 20 players at each posistion and had him 2nd at his posistion behind Soriano. Even though this is not a complete rankings list for next year as alot of things will change I cant see myself moving him out of that posistion.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:34 pm

kentx12 wrote:At the end of the season I ranked the top 20 players at each posistion and had him 2nd at his posistion behind Soriano. Even though this is not a complete rankings list for next year as alot of things will change I cant see myself moving him out of that posistion.

Exactly where I have Utley ranked for 2B. 2nd right behind Soriano. I don't see him heading South for any reason. He's built for that park, hitting his prime, and showed me a TON last year. In 2006 he'll be full-time the entire season and I expect some monsterous numbers from him. Basically, Chase Utley is the t!ts.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
kentx12 wrote:At the end of the season I ranked the top 20 players at each posistion and had him 2nd at his posistion behind Soriano. Even though this is not a complete rankings list for next year as alot of things will change I cant see myself moving him out of that posistion.

Exactly where I have Utley ranked for 2B. 2nd right behind Soriano. I don't see him heading South for any reason. He's built for that park, hitting his prime, and showed me a TON last year. In 2006 he'll be full-time the entire season and I expect some monsterous numbers from him. Basically, Chase Utley is the t!ts.

I agree; he will be a stud at 2B this year; he's one of the players who I am going to try to get in as many leagues as possible.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Half Massed » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Despite his weakness vs. left handed pitching, he's a great guy to have. I had some worries that after seeing him for a long continuous stretch, pitchers would figure him out and he'd struggle, but I don't think that'll happen next year. I think he's a good enough hitter to make adjustments and come back strong.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sportsjerk » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:37 pm

Utley is very solid, just like everyone else is saying, and you should expect no dropoff in 2006. Good for deeper keeper leagues and I agree he would be the 2nd ranked 2nd baseman behind Soriano.
sportsjerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:15 am

Utley is a nice hitter and in that park should post some great stats.
I don't think he will have as many SB next year
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:17 am

I also have him 2nd behind Soriano and there is a chance that he can claim the top spot. However, he is a bit older than most people think and he will go considerably sooner than where I would like him to in 06.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers