Auction Keeper Leagues... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Auction Keeper Leagues...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction Keeper Leagues...

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:02 pm

I am not using this to look for a league but Im not for sure which forum this belongs...but I am an experienced fantasy baseball participant but have yet to participate in an auction league. I am interested in knowing when these leagues begin their draft process. I figure it varies, but it would have to start earlier than live draft leagues--I imagine. Help would be great. Thanks.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:10 pm

We do our auction in late Feb/early March. It is decided more on the availability of the Hall we get to rent out for free for a Sat or Sun then anything else.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kentx12 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:34 pm

The league I am in starts the draft on Feb. 31st.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby hersch223 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:43 pm

It depends if you do the auction in person or online. We do ours in person, so it gets done in one day. Therefore, we can do it towards the end of spring training. But doing one online takes a lot of time, so you'd have to start in Feb. sometime.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:08 pm

My league always drafts about a week and a half before the season starts. That gives us enough time to get past, hopefully, spring training injuries and still enough time to deal some guys before the season.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Surfs up » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:47 pm

My AL only auction draft is usually the first Saturday after the season starts. It has been on Sunday and could be this coming year. But always during the week the season starts. This way we know who is on the 25 man roster and who the minor leaguers are.We also only keep 11 players with a $260.00 budget. We can throw them all back if we want to.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:52 pm

Later is always better, but online auctions blow as a general rule. So if you want to do one in person, you need someplace comfortable where 10-12 guys can hang out for an entire day (it takes al day). Since I have connections that can get me a banquet hall for free on a Saturday or Sunday in late Feb or early March, that is when we do it.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 pm

I wish I had 12-14 dedicated friends around the area. It doesnt appear Id be able to do that sort of thing. Live drafts are great so I assume that auctions are even better. If anyone around the St. Louis area needs a dedicated owner for a live auction, Id love to join.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Return to Baseball Leftovers