Vlad for LVP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad for LVP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:09 pm

hooligan1 wrote:This has got to be a bulls**t article. He barked on the phone with it for three hours the day before it died? Cmon! Mrs. Vlad? WTF? And she makes it sound like Vlad refers to the dog as "it". No person who loves animals this much refers to the animal as anything other than he, she or by name. Notice the article never names the dog..... A crock!!

He just copied the story about ARod's uncle dying and replaced ARod with Vlad and "uncle" with "dog." In New Zealand, this must pass for witty.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:36 pm

blankman wrote:Way to be a total jackass NZF. :-t

Thats disgraceful. The man who raised you as a child and a dog. Nice analogy ;-7

LMAO.:-B My question is, if he hadn't fooled anyone, would you still call him a jackass? :?

I think it's pretty clever on his part. I got the joke right away (well, not RIGHT away, but as soon as I saw the part about him barking with his dog for three hours I knew it).
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NZF » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:04 pm

blankman wrote:Way to be a total jackass NZF. :-t

Thats disgraceful. The man who raised you as a child and a dog. Nice analogy ;-7

Get over yourself.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:This may have had something to do with Vlad's poor showing in the ALCS.

Updated: Oct. 17, 2005, 12:14 AM ET
Vlad's mom: Spot's death affected performance
Associated Press

Nizao Bani, Dominican Republic -- Vlad Guerrero played poorly in the Anaheim Angels American League Championship Series loss in part because he was saddened by the death of his pet dog who he had raised, the slugger's mother said in an interview published in a local newspaper Sunday.

Mrs Vlad said her son kept the Sept. 30 death of his pet to himself because he was committed to helping his team win.

"I think he should speak with the team and tell them that his dog, who was like a brother to him because he raised him since he was a puppy, died in a kennel in Miami," Mrs Vlad told Listin daily newspaper.

Mrs Vlad didn't say what caused the death of the dog.

Guerrero was hitless in Sunday's 6-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox that sent the Angels home for the year, and finished the seven-game series with one RBI and an .050 batting average.

"I know how much he suffered from the death of his pet without being able to do anything, from listening to me crying and not being able to be there," she said, suggesting some Angels fans were being unfair to her son.

"I would like ... for the baseball fans to know that my son is a great human being, that they're seeing a human and not a robot, that he can fail, especially when there are reasons like this," she said.

Mrs Vlad said Guerrero barked with his pet for three hours by phone the day before it died.

"We buried him in Nizao Bani ... [Guerrero] didn't come because of the high sense of responsibility that Vladdie has for his work," she said.

To use NZF's viewpoint on the subject.

Yeah he must have been absolutely devastated tongue-in-cheek.gif

It's very matter of fact to me. If VLad WAS that effected by the death of his "dog" then he did his team a major dis-service by attempting to play. So he's at fault either way.

Anyway, elite sports people often use that as motivation. Favre and Clemens are two that quickly come to mind.

I also find it very hard to believe that if Vlad had such a close bond that he wouldn't even attempt to be present at the funeral. Even if that meant late night flights and little sleep.

Basically mummy is attempting to come to the rescue of her darling precious boy Vlad, who all those naughty people are being so mean to.

;-)

Strasil, give yourself 20 uppercuts and go and stand in the corner for the rest of the day.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:12 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:This may have had something to do with Vlad's poor showing in the ALCS.

Updated: Oct. 17, 2005, 12:14 AM ET
Vlad's mom: Spot's death affected performance
Associated Press

Nizao Bani, Dominican Republic -- Vlad Guerrero played poorly in the Anaheim Angels American League Championship Series loss in part because he was saddened by the death of his pet dog who he had raised, the slugger's mother said in an interview published in a local newspaper Sunday.

Mrs Vlad said her son kept the Sept. 30 death of his pet to himself because he was committed to helping his team win.

"I think he should speak with the team and tell them that his dog, who was like a brother to him because he raised him since he was a puppy, died in a kennel in Miami," Mrs Vlad told Listin daily newspaper.

Mrs Vlad didn't say what caused the death of the dog.

Guerrero was hitless in Sunday's 6-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox that sent the Angels home for the year, and finished the seven-game series with one RBI and an .050 batting average.

"I know how much he suffered from the death of his pet without being able to do anything, from listening to me crying and not being able to be there," she said, suggesting some Angels fans were being unfair to her son.

"I would like ... for the baseball fans to know that my son is a great human being, that they're seeing a human and not a robot, that he can fail, especially when there are reasons like this," she said.

Mrs Vlad said Guerrero barked with his pet for three hours by phone the day before it died.

"We buried him in Nizao Bani ... [Guerrero] didn't come because of the high sense of responsibility that Vladdie has for his work," she said.

To use NZF's viewpoint on the subject.

Yeah he must have been absolutely devastated tongue-in-cheek.gif

It's very matter of fact to me. If VLad WAS that effected by the death of his "dog" then he did his team a major dis-service by attempting to play. So he's at fault either way.

Anyway, elite sports people often use that as motivation. Favre and Clemens are two that quickly come to mind.

I also find it very hard to believe that if Vlad had such a close bond that he wouldn't even attempt to be present at the funeral. Even if that meant late night flights and little sleep.

Basically mummy is attempting to come to the rescue of her darling precious boy Vlad, who all those naughty people are being so mean to.

;-)

SO he did a major disservice by playing? Sorry, I have a hard time believing a Vlad-less Angels is somehow better than one with Vlad, no matter how bad a slump hes in. People seem to forget the entire team hit like garbage, and the pitching struggled after the first 2 games also. Lay off the guy, Angels fans. Everyone has slumps. His came at a horrible time.

Haha that was great NZF ;-D

Anyway ya, I bark with my dog sometimes too when he's feeling sick, I hope Vlad gets better. :,-( :-b
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby giants8307 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:54 pm

I guess I got punk'd. thanks ashton...
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:10 pm

Vlad definately choked.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:19 am

nice one, NZF. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:44 am

Vlad was hurt, I mean he's never been in a slump this bad in his career. It's obvious he was in pain... can't really blame him for playing through it.

He didn't hit anything out of the infield... have you ever seen that from Vlad before? I don't think he choked, he was just hurt. Didn't hit one solid ball the whole series... it was quite depressing...

Angels just had everything going against them in that series (bad hitting, good Sox pitching, bad calls, injuries, scheduling, etc.)...
but no disrespect to the Sox, they deserved to go to the Series... Angels surely did not...

Good luck in the WS Chi Sox... Only reason I'm rooting against you is because of AJ... he's one of the last guys in the world I'd want to see get a ring. I hate the Yankees, I hate the BoSox, but I respect them... AJ gets no respect from me, absolute jerkoff.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers