The Curse of Jeters Contract - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Curse of Jeters Contract

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lesgrant » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:01 pm

Madison wrote:I'm not going to waste a bunch of time in this thread since it wouldn't do any good anyway, but I have to correct something:

lesgrant wrote:How is it rude to clarify for National League fans that the Texas Rangers play in Dallas?

How can you clarify anything when you're wrong? Doesn't clarifying something mean to make it clear, as in right, or correct? Well, you didn't do that, you only spread false information.

The Texas Rangers do NOT play in Dallas.

Heck, they don't even play in Dallas County!

For the record, the Texas Rangers play ball in Arlington, Texas. It's a real city like any others. Has it's own government, schools, etc. 3rd largest city in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Located smack dab between Dallas and Fort Worth (several cities are in the same area, but Arlington is the only one of decent size) in Tarrant County.
Also, the population of Arlington is 355,000 and Fort Worth is 585,000, so it's not like it's Podunk USA with a population of less than a thousand or anything.

Just thought I'd make sure to clarify that fact. That is all.

But they do play in what is considered the Dallas market don't they? Because if Dallas didn't exist, they wouldn't be playing in Arlington.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:33 pm

lesgrant wrote:...

You're talkin' to yourself bro.

Pack it in. Call it a day. Whatever you do, just let it go. It's stale.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:31 pm

lesgrant wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:Man, mental note to never read lesgrant's post and hope that any relevant or objective information is contained within. Nice way to hijack a fun thread guys. Not gonna pay any attention to this thread from now on.

Interesting notes on Jeter, Hootie. I think it's a typical media exaggeration to call a player "clutch" from a couple of good ABs in the postseason. My favorite is hearing that a terrible season "can be ignored from one good post-season AB." Um, no it can't, the guy still had a crap season.

It’s interesting that some people find bashing Jeter to be “fun”, but yet they have the balls to talk about relevancy and objectivity.

How can you say that garbage with a straight face?

Does your post contribute anything other than stating that I’m ruining your fun? I’m more than happy to ruin your “fun” if it’s about bashing Yankees. Get used to it, because you won’t be having that kind of fun around me.

When I read this thread, I really didn't get the sense that it was bashing Jeter. It just sort of seemed like a weird funny coincidence, I'm pretty sure it was never meant to be a shot at the Yankees organization or Jeter.
And now I come back here, and read all this...It really just seems like you are overreacting over a big bunch of nothing.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:34 pm

mweir145 wrote:
lesgrant wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:Man, mental note to never read lesgrant's post and hope that any relevant or objective information is contained within. Nice way to hijack a fun thread guys. Not gonna pay any attention to this thread from now on.

Interesting notes on Jeter, Hootie. I think it's a typical media exaggeration to call a player "clutch" from a couple of good ABs in the postseason. My favorite is hearing that a terrible season "can be ignored from one good post-season AB." Um, no it can't, the guy still had a crap season.

It’s interesting that some people find bashing Jeter to be “fun”, but yet they have the balls to talk about relevancy and objectivity.

How can you say that garbage with a straight face?

Does your post contribute anything other than stating that I’m ruining your fun? I’m more than happy to ruin your “fun” if it’s about bashing Yankees. Get used to it, because you won’t be having that kind of fun around me.

When I read this thread, I really didn't get the sense that it was bashing Jeter. It just sort of seemed like a weird funny coincidence, I'm pretty sure it was never meant to be a shot at the Yankees organization or Jeter.
And now I come back here, and read all this...It really just seems like you are overreacting over a big bunch of nothing.

Yankee fans overreacting to a little comedy about their precious Bronx Bombers? What is this, Bizarro World? ;-7

In all seriousness, this was all good fun until lesgrant came and brought his rectal stick with him. Nobody else got uppety the entire time...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:58 pm

lesgrant wrote:
Madison wrote:I'm not going to waste a bunch of time in this thread since it wouldn't do any good anyway, but I have to correct something:

lesgrant wrote:How is it rude to clarify for National League fans that the Texas Rangers play in Dallas?

How can you clarify anything when you're wrong? Doesn't clarifying something mean to make it clear, as in right, or correct? Well, you didn't do that, you only spread false information.

The Texas Rangers do NOT play in Dallas.

Heck, they don't even play in Dallas County!

For the record, the Texas Rangers play ball in Arlington, Texas. It's a real city like any others. Has it's own government, schools, etc. 3rd largest city in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Located smack dab between Dallas and Fort Worth (several cities are in the same area, but Arlington is the only one of decent size) in Tarrant County.
Also, the population of Arlington is 355,000 and Fort Worth is 585,000, so it's not like it's Podunk USA with a population of less than a thousand or anything.

Just thought I'd make sure to clarify that fact. That is all.

But they do play in what is considered the Dallas market don't they? Because if Dallas didn't exist, they wouldn't be playing in Arlington.

I wasn't going to bother responding to you unless you admitted that you were wrong with this statement:

Which is wrong. No way around it. Facts are facts and you are wrong, but your response has me laughing pretty hard due to it being so clueless. You're trying to explain something you know nothing about, which is hilarious, so I'll waste one more post showing you why you are wrong yet again.

lesgrant wrote:But they do play in what is considered the Dallas market don't they? Because if Dallas didn't exist, they wouldn't be playing in Arlington.

The Dallas market? If Dallas didn't exist, the Rangers wouldn't be in Arlington?

Now that's just way, way too funny and shows you're talking about something you haven't the slightest clue about.

Here's a newsflash for you since you seem to not know what's going on down here......

What's the top sport in Dallas? That would be the Dallas Cowboys, correct?

Well guess what?

They are moving. The property is bought. The stadium plans are already drawn up. The deal is done. Oh, and not only are they moving out of the city of Dallas, they won't even be in Dallas COUNTY anymore!

Now.......here comes the funny part............

Are you ready for this?

Wait for it.......

I'm actually laughing so hard it's making it tough to type this...

Do you see the answer coming yet?

The Cowboys are moving to...............

ARLINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right next to Ameriquest Field (formerly known as The Ballpark In Arlington and current home of the Texas Rangers). Dallas and the Dallas market? Hahaha! Now that's funny seeing as how they didn't even choose to keep their #1 sports franchise!

Thanks for the laugh man, I needed it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:09 pm

Ok, I did some housecleaning to remove some of the bickering. Let's try to keep this thread civil from this point forward guys.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers