Rebuilding the New York Mets ... My ideas.. your thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rebuilding the New York Mets ... My ideas.. your thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:02 pm

wrveres wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Since Helton has been mentioned in this thread I guess I can bring this up. Why wouldn't the Rockies resign Helton or is the problem that you don't think he wants to go back? Wouldn't they lose all credibility with their fans if they lost their one legitimate threat in the lineup?

Helton is signed thru 2011 I believe.
The rest here is just some typical NY fans, wishfully dreaming about how to rape the other teams in baseball, and then blame it all on the Steinbrenner.

Funny stuff but it's no secret that Colorado has at least looked into getting out of that contract.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:53 pm

Trade for one or two lower level prospects for O Hudson.

lol - while your at it, once the Hudson deal goes through, why don't you trade the now superfluous Kaz Matsui for Roy Halladay? :-b

But I have the perfect second baseman for the Mets - Deepak Chopra.

Pros: Smooth fielder, rarely loses his cool, mentally, physically and spiritually balanced and come on, it's Deepak.
Cons: Can't hit worth a lick (but that's not really a downgrade over the current 2B) and does not believe in stealing.

I think that some Met fan should start an online petition to get the Deepak ball rolling.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby nsulham » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Trade for one or two lower level prospects for O Hudson.

lol - while your at it, once the Hudson deal goes through, why don't you trade the now superfluous Kaz Matsui for Roy Halladay? :-b

But I have the perfect second baseman for the Mets - Deepak Chopra.

Pros: Smooth fielder, rarely loses his cool, mentally, physically and spiritually balanced and come on, it's Deepak.
Cons: Can't hit worth a lick (but that's not really a downgrade over the current 2B) and does not believe in stealing.

I think that some Met fan should start an online petition to get the Deepak ball rolling.

We just hired a guy at work named Deepak. For a second there I thought you were talking about the same guy :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers