Rebuilding the New York Mets ... My ideas.. your thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rebuilding the New York Mets ... My ideas.. your thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:11 am

mweir145 wrote:Ricciardi has said Hudson won't be going anywhere.

If he wants to open up a spot for Hill, it will be at 3B.

If anything I would guess that the Jays would want to move Koskie. Hudson is younger and cheaper and Hill could replace Koskie at 3rd.

As far as some of the other ideas I have heard that Furcal is interested in going to NY but why waste that cannon for an arm at 2nd. Maybe put Reyes at 2nd instead?

I do like the lineup with Furcal at the top and Reyes at the bottom. Reyes has horrible plate discipline which could improve but he kills you at the top of the lineup with a 300 OBP.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:15 am

Music2004Man wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Ricciardi has said Hudson won't be going anywhere.

If he wants to open up a spot for Hill, it will be at 3B.

If anything I would guess that the Jays would want to move Koskie. Hudson is younger and cheaper and Hill could replace Koskie at 3rd.

Exactly. There has even been some talk of some kind of a Morneau for Koskie deal, though it seems a bit too good to be true.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby dyuen87 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:23 am

If the Mets can not sign either Ryan or Wagner, what do Mets fans think about trading for Octavio Dotel? He is availabe, now that Street is their closer. Fresh off TJ surgery, he is a risk, but do you really want to see Looper close again? :-o
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:26 am

I'm not a huge fan of Dotel's but I think the Met's should take a long look at Ryan. He's a bulldog which would really solidify the end of their bullpen for a couple of years. I also don't see Giles relocating to the East Coast. I remember seeing that he grew up on the West Coast and really liked it their. I'm not sure if he'll be a Padre next year but I can't see him coming all the way across the country to New York. (Though I agree that he would fit nicely in the Mets OF)
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BritSox » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:23 am

Music2004Man wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Dotel's but I think the Met's should take a long look at Ryan. He's a bulldog which would really solidify the end of their bullpen for a couple of years. I also don't see Giles relocating to the East Coast. I remember seeing that he grew up on the West Coast and really liked it their. I'm not sure if he'll be a Padre next year but I can't see him coming all the way across the country to New York. (Though I agree that he would fit nicely in the Mets OF)

I find it funny how all the same names keep popping up in Sox, Yank and Met fans' pipe dreams. Show the thinness of the market this year.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:30 am

The funny thing is I'm actually not a fan of those three teams at all. I'm a Phillies fan so the only free agent market that I care about is for GM's. A solid GM would do us a world of good in Philly.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:10 pm

DK wrote:
Iconoclastic wrote:Aaron Heilman needs to be given more responsibility.

He led the bullpen in innings this year. I don't see how we'd give him MORE responsibility.

Well he was a starter for the first 3rd of the season. And he wasn't even the primary setup guy for most of the season, Roberto Hernandez was. Heilman has the talent and the attitude to be a 2nd Starter. His ability was wasted as a mop-up guy like he was most of 2005.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:19 pm

Icono,

Do you see him starting for the Mets next year? I know the rotation seems alittle full right now but maybe they'll make a deal to alleviate the problem. In that case trading Seo for LaRue makes a lot of sense. Plus you'll have Petit ready for 07 (maybe the end of 06).
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:06 pm

dyuen87 wrote:If the Mets can not sign either Ryan or Wagner, what do Mets fans think about trading for Octavio Dotel? He is availabe, now that Street is their closer. Fresh off TJ surgery, he is a risk, but do you really want to see Looper close again? :-o
Dotel is a FA too. But I don't think he is that much better than Looper.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Half Massed » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:33 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:If the Mets can not sign either Ryan or Wagner, what do Mets fans think about trading for Octavio Dotel? He is availabe, now that Street is their closer. Fresh off TJ surgery, he is a risk, but do you really want to see Looper close again? :-o
Dotel is a FA too. But I don't think he is that much better than Looper.

Dotel is a set-up man, plain and simple. If he couldn't survive as closer on the A's in a lower pressure situation, he won't do well in NY. I think getting a solid catcher like La Rue is not a bad idea for the Mets and I can see them getting Overbay as well. I doubt they'll get Morneau from the Twins, simply because the Twins need power in their lineup and he is a young power guy that should improve.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers