100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Firefox bug - Help?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Firefox bug - Help?

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:00 am

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
DK wrote:Can someone tell me what to do so I can see all the images I'm supposed to see?

Use IE? ;-7

:-b

I don't use Firefox, so best I can do is give this a bump for you. ;-)

OUCH!!! Madison, you need to get on the wagon... or off the wagon. Or, whatever the bad one is, because the wagon is microsoft and IE blows!!!

Viva Firefox and tabbed browsing!

Just think of more often you can post on FBC when you can have all your threads open in one window.

Lol. :-b

I'm all good with IE here. Not a matter of backing Microsoft, just with all the bugs I read about with Firefox, they really should change the name to Firefly. Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:31 am

i've been using firefox on two sepperate os' (xp home and 2000 pro) since the original beta and i've never had any problems or bugs. some things are quirky and work better in ie but as far as security goes ie does not compare(although it is getting slightly better). tabbed browsing is the single greatest thing ever invented for a browser. i haven't used ie since i switched over for anything other than updates.
don't miss it one bit.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:06 am

Madison, do we need to have an intervention?

Because you NEED to start using Firefox (or firefly, or whatever you want to call it... they don't care).

Call it Waternymph for all I care, but trust me, you need it to live.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:33 am

Coppermine wrote:Madison, do we need to have an intervention?

Because you NEED to start using Firefox (or firefly, or whatever you want to call it... they don't care).

Why? I haven't seen anything that makes it that big of a deal. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:34 am

It's not what the eye can see, it's what the heart can feel.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:41 am

Coppermine wrote:It's not what the eye can see, it's what the heart can feel.

Well this is now going in an odd direction...... :-o :-o :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:43 am

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Madison, do we need to have an intervention?

Why? I haven't seen anything that makes it that big of a deal. :-?

I'm with Madison. Other than tabbed browsing which is in the next installment of IE (the new IE is sweet btw), IE is more stable and functional on every front than Firefox or Opera. Unless you have strong desire to stick it to the man IE is just fine. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:51 am

I know it seems as if I work for Mozilla, but I'm going to have to disagree.

One of the biggest features of Firefox that makes it better is security. It's quite simple to realize that since IE is the standard for internet browsers, almost all websites that feature malicious code or worms will design their attacks for flaws in the IE structure. Although it's possible to stay ahead of that trend by constantly updating IE or having excellent anti-virus software installed, you can rest easy knowing that Firefox is secure on its own.

It's popup blocker is also superior to IE's and it's interface is constantly being updated to accomodate more and more IE-only websites.

The find feature is also amazing. I use it quite extensively, and in IE where a box pops up and you can only search for one instance of a word at a time, in Firefox, there is a toolbar at the bottom of the window that you can use to search AND highlight multiple words in a document. This comes in handy at times for me while searching through FBC!

Extentions are the coolest thing to ever hit a web browser, something IE doesn't support. Since Firefox is open source, it is open to modifications from people all over the internet. The Firefox website includes and extensive list of extensions that enhance the functionality and the usefulness of the browser.

It is also skinnable, unlike IE.

RSS feeds (it's complicated, so I won't get into here) are also supported unconditionally in Firefox.

So, the new IE 7 is supposed to closely resemble Firefox... but what puts firefox over the top for me are the extentions. It's so customizable, you'll wonder why you ever used IE to begin with. Just give it a chance. It's completely free and easy to uninstall if you don't like it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:38 pm

I have only on eproblem with Firefox - Some websites like Apple.com load VERY slow.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:42 pm

You know, you're absolutely right.

I just performed a little speed test on Apple.com with IE and Firefox, and IE loaded it almost twice as fast.

I would think Apple would cater more to the opensource crowd than the IE crowd, but then again, maybe it's designed for Safari.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk