I hate fraternities
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:08 pm

I stayed away from frats. It seemed like you were just buying friendship.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:08 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I stayed away from frats. It seemed like you were just buying friendship.

I agree with Mustachio Mulder here
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I stayed away from frats. It seemed like you were just buying friendship.

Yeah I kind of agree too. When I went to Arizona, I had almost a built-in frat since I swam. And the frat guys and athletes never got along. But who knows how it would have been if I didn't swim?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:37 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah I kind of agree too. When I went to Arizona, I had almost a built-in frat since I swam. And the frat guys and athletes never got along. But who knows how it would have been if I didn't swim?

Come on guys..buying a friendship. That's pretty lame. All dudes in fraternities and sororities have friends outside before and after joining. When you join these social organizations it's about networking with people with similar interests that can lead to better opportunities throughout life. Aside from that, this is thread about people in fraternities and sororities who enjoy fantasy sports.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:48 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:Aside from that, this is thread about people in fraternities and sororities who enjoy fantasy sports.

What's that supposed mean?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:50 pm

I'm with STL and acs. I guess if that's your thing, that's cool, but I never really got all the frat stuff. Sure there's crazy parties (which aren't really my thing...at all) I guess, but you can do that anywhere on most college campuses. Plus the whole buying friends thing (I realize that's not all of it) never really did it for me either.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:58 pm

The buying friends argument was prevalent when I was in school. If that's how you feel and that's what kept you from experiencing the bond that fraternity members feel for each other (even after graduation) than more power to you. Live your life however you see fit.

But since this thread wasn't about the merits or lack of of fraternity life I think it is pretty rude of people to jump into thread they have no interest in for the sole purpose of insulting others. Because that's exactly what you're doing.

Sure, from my perspective now the whole fraternity scene and the things I have done seem pretty corny. But I wouldn't change it if I could. You're only young once they say so you might as well enjoy it. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Amazinz wrote:But since this thread wasn't about the merits or lack of of fraternity life I think it is pretty rude of people to jump into thread they have no interest in for the sole purpose of insulting others. Because that's exactly what you're doing.

Well, that's certainly a defensive attitude. He asked what frats were out there, and I was simply stating that I wasn't in a frat and my reason for not doing it. It's not like I said, "Frat people suck because they have to buy their friends." Maybe I should have said, "It seemed like I would have been just buying friendship," but if you guys want to take my comments as a pot-shot at you, that's your thing.

However, saying that I shouldn't post here because I wasn't in a frat is pretty narrow-minded. I'll play along, though. Just so I can have the continued "privilege" of posting on this thread, I'll say that while I was in college, I was in one of the largest frats/sororities in the world - the United States Army.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:23 pm

StlSluggers wrote:[However, saying that I shouldn't post here because I wasn't in a frat is pretty narrow-minded. I'll play along, though. Just so I can have the continued "privilege" of posting on this thread, I'll say that while I was in college, I was in one of the largest frats/sororities in the world - the United States Army.

That's not what I said so let's cut out the crap. You didn't post in this thread to participate you posted to shovel some elitist attitude that we obviously wouldn't be receptive to.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk