Waiting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Waiting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:19 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:
ironman wrote:Milonakis has a small role in it. He plays a wannabe gangsta busboy that spends more time getting high than doing any real work. And don't worry about the rap, they don't even show it until mid-way through the credits.

Thanks for spoiling the movie for me :-t

You can't be serious. That hardly reveals anything about the actual plot. Gimme a break man.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:27 pm

ironman wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:
ironman wrote:Milonakis has a small role in it. He plays a wannabe gangsta busboy that spends more time getting high than doing any real work. And don't worry about the rap, they don't even show it until mid-way through the credits.

Thanks for spoiling the movie for me :-t

You can't be serious. That hardly reveals anything about the actual plot. Gimme a break man.

he's always negative. I wouldn't worry. ;-)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:44 pm

This looks like a good TP, maybe I'll catch it while it's still in theaters, otherwise I'll put it on Netflix.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby daullaz » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:43 pm

I'd recommend this movie, esp. if you've ever worked in a restaurant, as I have. Some of the stuff was put in the movie just to be gross and funny, but most of the other stuff was true to life.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:54 am

I heard it was pretty lousy...

Let me check the tomatometer... critic reviews of comedies are usually pretty split, so I'll go see a comedy if it gets over a 70% and a drama only if it gets over an 80%. Otherwise, I might catch it on video... no sense spending $10 at the theater for a movie that sucks.

Waiting's rating is::::

32%

Ouch, but I've seen worse.

Some reviews:
"A movie for young people, and they're welcome to it. Anyone older than teenage already will have seen every joke in Waiting... in more finely crafted, funnier movies."
"Teenage boys will be in heaven. All others: Check, please."
"An ugly piece of work."
"It makes you never want to go to a movie again."
"Scattershot and under the mistaken assumption that vulgarity is its own reward, Waiting isn't about waiting tables. It's about a group of unlikable and obnoxious jerks who have found one roof under which they can be obnoxious and unlikable."

There were some good reviews too:
"Waiting makes us wait too long between laughs. But its sly awareness of the people and the work might transport you back to that Pizza Hut, Olive Garden or T.G.I. Friday's in your own "Order up!" past."
"Don’t expect a message. Waiting is one thing and one thing only: rudely, profanely, obnoxiously funny."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby logan » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:15 pm

ah reviewers. could there be a group of people with less value on the panet? pretty much sums up how i feel about them.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:38 pm

Yeah, I tend to agree... but I do take a common consensus into play when i choose a movie to see. That's only because if nearly every critic in the country hates a movie, well, then I'm probably going to hate it too. If they're split, it could go either way... then again, there's been plenty of occassions where a movie has gotten great reviews and has made me want to gag.

I'm still working on my "film appreciation." But, for the most part, probably some of your favorite movies are ones that have gotten good reviews too... that is assuming you're not a part of the bonehead mass audience who liked Armageddon.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk