Graphics COntest - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Graphics COntest

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:24 pm

hey im down for this when it happens.. will prob need a pm though..
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sfgfan4life » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:38 pm

If you guys are still doing this I'd also be interested.
sfgfan4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gogogadget » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:46 am

I'd also like to do this if it is still happening. I really don't mind what the topic is. I would prefer that .gif is not allowed or we use a kb limit. But thats only because I am not good at the animations. ;-7
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:27 am

Why not just say anything goes for size and/or animation? I mean, this is a contest afterall, right? So why not give free range for people to express their talents that are otherwise unable to be displayed at the Cafe due to the size limitations? Ya know? I was looking forward to being able to actually show something at full 100% quality or even show off some animation skills that I've never been able to show off at the Cafe before. I think you'll get MUCH cooler and impressive submissions if you don't limit size in terms of kB, or squash animation.

As for a topic, why not just make it individual players? Chances are there won't be too many, if any, repeat entries, and even if the same player is chosen, it will be cool to see different artists' interpretations of the task at hand given the same subject.

The talked about constraints are only going to limit the fun and quality of this contest, if you ask me. Let's actually have fun with this thing and not get all US government regulations on it. I was originally excited as hell to finally get the chance to be able to show off "Hey, I can do this, but nobody knew it because of standard Cafe limitations.", but if it's going to have to mee all that criteria, there's no reason for me to not just keep on making sigs for people who ask, if they're going to be the same quality.

I'd even suggest stretching H*W size to something like 400*125 (which seems to be the standard size sig (if there exists such a thing) outside of the Cafe on forums without limitation that I subscribe to.

So, why don't we make this thing as fun and impressive to the people who are going to look/judge, as possible? Imagine what Leal or any other number of the talented graphic guys we have here at the Cafe can do without being handcuffed by Cafe regulations?

So, who's with me? Anybody?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Why not just say anything goes for size and/or animation? I mean, this is a contest afterall, right? So why not give free range for people to express their talents that are otherwise unable to be displayed at the Cafe due to the size limitations? Ya know? I was looking forward to being able to actually show something at full 100% quality or even show off some animation skills that I've never been able to show off at the Cafe before. I think you'll get MUCH cooler and impressive submissions if you don't limit size in terms of kB, or squash animation.

As for a topic, why not just make it individual players? Chances are there won't be too many, if any, repeat entries, and even if the same player is chosen, it will be cool to see different artists' interpretations of the task at hand given the same subject.

The talked about constraints are only going to limit the fun and quality of this contest, if you ask me. Let's actually have fun with this thing and not get all US government regulations on it. I was originally excited as hell to finally get the chance to be able to show off "Hey, I can do this, but nobody knew it because of standard Cafe limitations.", but if it's going to have to mee all that criteria, there's no reason for me to not just keep on making sigs for people who ask, if they're going to be the same quality.

I'd even suggest stretching H*W size to something like 400*125 (which seems to be the standard size sig (if there exists such a thing) outside of the Cafe on forums without limitation that I subscribe to.

So, why don't we make this thing as fun and impressive to the people who are going to look/judge, as possible? Imagine what Leal or any other number of the talented graphic guys we have here at the Cafe can do without being handcuffed by Cafe regulations?

So, who's with me? Anybody?

I said before that I think that we should do no animations and no size limit, but honestly I don't care that much, the only thing is that I suspect that there are a fair number of people who use programs like The Gimp which don't do animation and it would put them at a disadvantage.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:23 pm

I really don't mind. People should be allowed to show off their stuff with whatever they do. Limiting it down takes away from some of the quality but some of the animations will probably get all the votes because it looks more "high tech" if you will.

You guys know what I mean?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:27 pm

I really think we have to rule out animation... it is an unfair disadvantage for those who don't have it and well I have no problem about full quality....
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby da1chipo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 pm

Yeah...no animation. (even though I won the FFC sig contest using it...)
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby da1chipo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 pm

I guess I'll take the initiative here. If you have a problem with it, speak up. Once we get people to sign up, we can set a date for it. Maybe we can get a mod (mookie?) to set up a global announcement for sign up, if some potential participants no longer visit this forum.

So a sig contest...

Choose a player

No size restrictions

No animation (I think I won the FFC contest because I used it. The second place winner also used it. I didn't even think his or my sigs were the best, if you get rid of the animation.)

Since we want to show off our skills, I think hort's idea seems pretty good. We can increase the height to 125, I guess the width acceptable here is still fine. If we want to raffle off the sigs later, it shouldn't be that hard to shrink it to size or edit it. The main thing I want to get out of this is seeing other people's work.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:56 pm

da1chipo wrote:I guess I'll take the initiative here. If you have a problem with it, speak up. Once we get people to sign up, we can set a date for it. Maybe we can get a mod (mookie?) to set up a global announcement for sign up, if some potential participants no longer visit this forum.

So a sig contest...

Choose a player

No size restrictions

No animation (I think I won the FFC contest because I used it. The second place winner also used it. I didn't even think his or my sigs were the best, if you get rid of the animation.)

Since we want to show off our skills, I think hort's idea seems pretty good. We can increase the height to 125, I guess the width acceptable here is still fine. If we want to raffle off the sigs later, it shouldn't be that hard to shrink it to size or edit it. The main thing I want to get out of this is seeing other people's work.

Sounds good, I'm in ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests