Aubrey Huff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aubrey Huff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:41 am

Would want to say that huff's value won't fall too far if you can plug him into the outfield. A draft pick in say round 9 that gets me a .290 AVG with 30 HR and 100 RBI is very much welcome.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:47 am

The best thing about Huff this year unquestionably was the "Huff hit a Ding Dong" thread. ;-7

I took him pretty early in a lot of leagues last year because of the whole triple eligible thing, but he started out so poorly that he essentially wasn't worth it. I guess the slowness is a trend, so I'd try to be one of those guys who stays away from drafting him next time. If you believe that age mumbo-jumbo, he won't get much better than he is now.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby swyck » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:01 pm

J35J wrote:He does need out of Tampa but I think he will bounce back ok. He had a pretty bad year but still managed 22HR and 92RBI.

I'll look for .290 28-30hr 95-100rbi which doesn't look nearly as good at 1B/OF since he doesn't have 3B eligibility this next year.

Jason

Those numbers would put him around #7 or 8 1B next year. I'm not sure I'd take him that high based on this years numbers, but in a 12 team league or higher, there may not be a lot better options at the back of the pack.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RynMan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:17 am

rainman23 wrote:
J35J wrote:He does need out of Tampa but I think he will bounce back ok. He had a pretty bad year but still managed 22HR and 92RBI.

I'll look for .290 28-30hr 95-100rbi which doesn't look nearly as good at 1B/OF since he doesn't have 3B eligibility this next year.

Jason

Excellent point about his eligibility. Questions about Huff's value almost become moot if you can't plug him in at 3rd base. Even when he's producing he's not anything special at 1rst or OF. With the question marks, it's probably a good idea to steer clear in March.

This is exactly right. I won't draft Huff. If anything I will trade for him after the All star break when his value is low.

Career:

Pre All Star - .772 OPS, 49 HR, .271 AVG
Post All Star - .866 OPS, 71HR, .303 AVG
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:40 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:he needs out of Tampa, period.

you do know that tampa as a team scored the 12th most runs in baseball this year,,, so that means if he left tampa, then he would more than likely go to a lesser offensive team... :-? :-? and tampa had the 3rd highest team BA in 2005 behind only the red sox and yanks.....so i cant really see why he would benefit from leaving tampa except for personal reasons....

here we go
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby davidmarver » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:03 am

RynMan wrote:
rainman23 wrote:

Jason

Excellent point about his eligibility. Questions about Huff's value almost become moot if you can't plug him in at 3rd base. Even when he's producing he's not anything special at 1rst or OF. With the question marks, it's probably a good idea to steer clear in March.

This is exactly right. I won't draft Huff. If anything I will trade for him after the All star break when his value is low.

Career:

I had started a thread last offseason about playing fantasy baseball 'by the halves'...I tried it in one league this year and it failed miserably (had worked in the past). This makes me believe there's no such thing as first or second half players, just players that get real hot and real cold at some point in the year.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby brandnew » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:32 am

davidmarver wrote:
RynMan wrote:
rainman23 wrote:

Jason

Career:

I had started a thread last offseason about playing fantasy baseball 'by the halves'...I tried it in one league this year and it failed miserably (had worked in the past). This makes me believe there's no such thing as first or second half players, just players that get real hot and real cold at some point in the year.

Wholeheartedly agree with that, without any testing or experiments. ;-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers