Big Trades in '05/06 Offseason?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Trades in '05/06 Offseason??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:04 pm

Haha... this is funny... i agree with the majority of Yankee fans on how ARod sucked it up in the postseason and COULD be traded. Of course the Pads or Pirates have no shot at him. The Yankees can't really move him, I was just saying if they wanted to move him for the reasons that he didn't perform in the playoffs this year then it would be a difficult task. It would be stupid IMO if they get the likes of Wood in return. Now I don't know crap about anything? Yankee fans were calling for his head, not me.

You know what, keep your Yankee talk between Yankee fans in the Yankee section of the forum cuz you guys obviously don't like anyone else commenting on your team's situation. Don't bring it into the Leftover forum if you don't want other fans commenting on it.

And about the "every game thing" I said I watched every game that I COULD, whch unfortunately is around 65-75% of them. And one of them happened to be Scott Brosious hitting the home run off of Kim. It just sticks in my mind... that's why I mentioned him... I think he also hit a big home run again the Pads in 98'... but the Yankees overmatched SD anyways that year.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:08 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:Haha... this is funny... i agree with the majority of Yankee fans on how ARod sucked it up in the postseason and COULD be traded.

Riiigghttt. The majority of Yankee fans think he could be traded? Give me a break. I know for sure he's not going anywhere.

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:And about the "every game thing" I said I watched every game that I COULD, whch unfortunately is around 65-75% of them. And one of them happened to be Scott Brosious hitting the home run off of Kim. It just sticks in my mind... that's why I mentioned him... I think he also hit a big home run again the Pads in 98'... but the Yankees overmatched SD anyways that year.

That doesn't change the fact that your previous statement was obviously wrong about him. He had a couple big moments, but to call him clutch or anything is simply evidence that you don't know what you are talking about.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby stumpak » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:14 pm

Just because I am bored and can poke another hole in your arguement I will: The Yankees did not bring in ARod only to win in the post-season and it is not true that they "do not need him in the regular season". In case you did not notice, they made it into the playoffs by 2 games. Take away ARod and replace him with the average MLB 3B and they are not in the playoffs at all.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 pm

stumpak wrote:Just because I am bored and can poke another hole in your arguement I will: The Yankees did not bring in ARod only to win in the post-season and it is not true that they "do not need him in the regular season". In case you did not notice, they made it into the playoffs by 2 games. Take away ARod and replace him with the average MLB 3B and they are not in the playoffs at all.

Yeah, but take him away and add a good defensive CF and some pitching, and you're not only in, but in better shape for the postseason...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:23 pm

blankman wrote:
OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:Haha... this is funny... i agree with the majority of Yankee fans on how ARod sucked it up in the postseason and COULD be traded.

Riiigghttt. The majority of Yankee fans think he could be traded? Give me a break. I know for sure he's not going anywhere.

TheYanks04 posted:
Maybe...but at this point I think it would be prudent to take a look at exactly what has transpired the past 3 or 4 years. Way too many mistakes personnel-wise. And even the ones that on paper look good (ARod) in essense do nothing for you playoff time as he turns into his alter ego, A-choke. Same for Gordon. RJ is too old and declining with every hanging slider and gopher ball. Moose has basically fallen to a number 4.

da1chipo posted:
Well I edited my sig.

bronxbombers51 posted:
da1chipo wrote:
Well I edited my sig.

I like it.

acsguitar posted:
da1chipo wrote:
Well I edited my sig.

hahahah I'll have one for tommorrow

I'd have more but I have to leave...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:29 pm

So a bunch of people were pissed at him, that means we want him traded? Give me a break. The guy sucked it up during the playoffs and we were angry. Were we supposed to draw up MVP posters? Were we supposed to cut his name into our lawns? Of course not. We were pissed off.

That doesn't mean we want him traded, or that that Yankees want him traded, or that he could be traded even if they did.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:So a bunch of people were pissed at him, that means we want him traded? Give me a break. The guy sucked it up during the playoffs and we were angry. Were we supposed to draw up MVP posters? Were we supposed to cut his name into our lawns? Of course not. We were pissed off.

That doesn't mean we want him traded, or that that Yankees want him traded, or that he could be traded even if they did.

That's what I was about to say.

Finding some angry posts at his play over 5 games has nothing to do with wanting him traded.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:28 pm

I don't think five fans make a difference in whether they will trade him.
He is going to win the AL MVP and if any manager is pissed at that they are idiotic.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Possibilities discussed were to the Pads for Peavy, to the Cubs for Wood/Williams, to the Bucs for Ollie or Duke, or to the Braves for Andruw.

Peavy for 4 million or ARod for 25. We already have 20+ "dead" dollars next season "(Klesko, Park), there's no way we could handle a 21 million dollar swing while giving up our best pitcher.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:16 pm

This thread should be re-titled "Yankee trades in 05/06 off-season" :-D

Apparently I haven't missed a ton in my time gone. I got all excited when I saw there was several pages of what I thought were hot trade rumors, only to have them filled with nothing other than Mets/Yankees/Sawks names that have been talked about for months :-b

And that guy saying that A-Rod was only traded for to perform in the playoffs must not pay attention. That's an absurd, crack smoking comment.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers