Analysis/Potential: My Farm Team (Rank and Projections) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Analysis/Potential: My Farm Team (Rank and Projections)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analysis/Potential: My Farm Team (Rank and Projections)

Postby PhilliesPhan24 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:32 am

Hey guys.

I have spent a lot time working to build my team around young, core players and a solid farm team. This is what I have got in my farm and I wish to have you guys rank them from best to worst (the hitters and pitchers independently) and giving me some advice on what to expect and what not.

Hitters:
Delmon Young, TB
Billy Butler, KC
Hanley Ramirez, BOS
Kendry Morales, LAA
Michael Bourn, PHI
Miguel Montero, ARI
BJ Szymanski, CIN
Danny Putnam, OAK

Pitchers:
Jered Weaver, LAA
Matt Cain, SF
Yusmerio Petit, NYM
Edwin Jackson, LAD
Greg Miller, LAD
Luke Hochevar, LAD

I have my infield fill with talent young guys and am looking to build an OF. Just hook me up with as much info as possible.
PhilliesPhan24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby San D » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:46 pm

Hitters (Potential Fantasy Impact):
Young
Butler
Morales
Ramirez
Bourn
Montero

Young is a MVP in the making. Butler will be a great hitter soon, but does not have a natural defensive spot. Morales was a wildcard this year and finished strong. He probably has to beat out Kotchman or he'll play the Angels' rotating DH game in a couple of years. Hanley has HUGE upside, but will probably take another few years to figure it out. Bourn could be a cheap source of SB soon for Philly but needs to make better contact for a speed guy. Montero started hot and finished slower when advancing a level. I punt the catcher category every year though and probably underrank catching prospects. I don't know much about the other two.

Cain
Weaver
Petit
Miller
Hochevar
Jackson

If it wasn't for Felix, people would be talking about Cain as the next big thing. He's easily your best pitcher. Weaver is his brother, but hopefully more stable. Petit will eventually be a solid 3/4 starter for the Mets with good ratios. Miller has huge talent, but I think he's going to settle in the bullpen. Hochevar's strength was supposed to be his poise. After that agent fiasco, hopefully poise on the mound is different than the type of poise he showed there. Jackson, although the upside is there, is who I would rank last at this point.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:17 pm

San D pretty much summed up the points but I'd say that you have a pretty nice system overall. Good balance between hitting and pitching, you have a couple of guys (Cain, Young) who are as close to "sure things" as you can get, and then you have some guys with good upside. Everyone in your system has the ability to be a solid major leaguer (some with better chances than others but still...) ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball