Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tracy to manage Pirates

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:22 pm

link

I think he will do a nice job. ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:30 pm

Yep, Stupidesta gave him a raw deal. Tracy was the only reason the Dodgers were even semi-competitive this season for the lousy NL West division. You can't put a team with a bunch of Double A players and Jeff Kent and expect to win. Not to mention the waste of money on J.D. Drew, didn't Stupidesta use his computer and see that he only had one healthy full season?
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby JTWood » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:33 pm

I'm kinda scared now. The Pirates with all of their talent, and now they have a good manager, too. Hopefully, their bad ownership continues to do it's thang.

Man, the Central is going to be a crapshoot next year. The Brewers are coming into their own with all of their young talent. They just need one more good SP to put them over the top, imo. The Pirates have plenty of talent, and maybe Tracy won't get screwed too bad by the ownership. And the Cubs should always be contenders (don't know why they're not).

2006 should be interesting.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:39 pm

JTWood wrote:I'm kinda scared now. The Pirates with all of their talent, and now they have a good manager, too. Hopefully, their bad ownership continues to do it's thang.

Man, the Central is going to be a crapshoot next year. The Brewers are coming into their own with all of their young talent. They just need one more good SP to put them over the top, imo. The Pirates have plenty of talent, and maybe Tracy won't get screwed too bad by the ownership. And the Cubs should always be contenders (don't know why they're not).

;-D

Here's an idea, take the top 3 teams from the central and automatically put them into the playoffs. Then, the next best team in the whole NL gets into postseason. That way, the Pads don't squeek in. I guess you can let the NL East keep their automatic spot, but the Braves are always pathetic in postseason, it wouldn't bother me to see the playoffs come down to St. Louis, Houston, Chicago and Philly in the NL.

Of course this is all a stupid idea ;-D
Last edited by OhMrScottyTrav06 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:42 pm

JTWood wrote:I'm kinda scared now. The Pirates with all of their talent, and now they have a good manager, too. Hopefully, their bad ownership continues to do it's thang.

;-D
I hold off on the panick attack. The Astros are the only other NL Central team to finish over .500.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:49 pm

The central could have 5 of the best 8 teams next year.

My Rankings for 2006 in NL:
1. Cardinals
2. Astros
3. Braves
4. Phillies
5. Cubbies
6. Brewers
7. Marlins
8. Pirates
9. Padres
10. Mets
11. Nationals
12. Giants
13. DBacks
14. Reds
15. Dodgers
16. Rockies

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 NL Central teams (Cubs, Brewers, Pirates) will get beaten up on by each other and the Astros and Cards. But if there were no divisions, that's how my rankings would look like for next year!
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Drunken Rhino » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Hey the Pirates were at 500 before they started interleague, then they had to play the Yankees and they took the Pirates mojo.

Watch out for the Buccos next year! (Of course this statement is directed at the Rockies and Reds, the only teams I honestly think we're better than, not the entire NL)
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:34 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:The central could have 5 of the best 8 teams next year.

1. Cardinals
2. Astros
3. Braves
4. Phillies
5. Cubbies
6. Brewers
7. Marlins
8. Pirates
9. Padres
10. Mets
11. Nationals
12. Giants
13. DBacks
14. Reds
15. Dodgers
16. Rockies

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 NL Central teams (Cubs, Brewers, Pirates) will get beaten up on by each other and the Astros and Cards. But if there were no divisions, that's how my rankings would look like for next year!

I think it's amazing that you can predict the standings for next year before even seeing what the offseason will bring. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby j24jags » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:17 pm

RynMan wrote:
OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:The central could have 5 of the best 8 teams next year.

1. Cardinals
2. Astros
3. Braves
4. Phillies
5. Cubbies
6. Brewers
7. Marlins
8. Pirates
9. Padres
10. Mets
11. Nationals
12. Giants
13. DBacks
14. Reds
15. Dodgers
16. Rockies

I think it's amazing that you can predict the standings for next year before even seeing what the offseason will bring. :-D

ya lol
also, i think the mets shud be higher than 10, their players r only getting better, they also didnt finish badly, they had 83 wins...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:32 pm

I don't know why he got screwed in LA? Well, the Pirates finally got a competent manager :-)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers