Kenji Jojima - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Kenji Jojima

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kenji Jojima

Postby HiddenIdentity » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:32 am

Anyone know anything about the Mets getting him or how good he is?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:21 pm

I have heard about him on the various Mets sites but don't know much more about him than that. What I do know is that Kaz has made me gunshy and I would much rather the Mets go with a Piazza/Castro platoon or go after Hernandez/Molina. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:32 am

Amazinz wrote:I have heard about him on the various Mets sites but don't know much more about him than that. What I do know is that Kaz has made me gunshy and I would much rather the Mets go with a Piazza/Castro platoon or go after Hernandez/Molina. :-)

I'd have to think that Piazza's days as a Met are over. I'd like to see him stay and platoon with Castro, but I think that is fantasy more than anything.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:18 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I have heard about him on the various Mets sites but don't know much more about him than that. What I do know is that Kaz has made me gunshy and I would much rather the Mets go with a Piazza/Castro platoon or go after Hernandez/Molina. :-)

I'd have to think that Piazza's days as a Met are over. I'd like to see him stay and platoon with Castro, but I think that is fantasy more than anything.

Probably right but I read that Duquette spoke about the option on WFAN. So at least the organization views it as a possibility. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j24jags » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:25 pm

i agree w/ AMAZINS 100%, i cant live thru kaz all over again...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Why? Kaz was such a good investment :-t
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Looks like the Mets might be interested.

Newsday
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm

From what I have read, the Mets are looking to fill their catching hole with either Bengie Molina, Ramon Hernandez or Kojima... in that order.

I've never seen a Japanese catcher before, the image in my head is silly. But this Kojima guy is not as overrated as Kaz was and the Mets probably wouldn't have to pay a whole lot to get him... certainly not as much as they blew on Kaz.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:55 pm

We barely you knew you JoJo. Looks like he's scorned us for the Seattle Mariners or maybe a Japanese club. :-D

We can all breathe a sigh of relief now.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to New York Mets