2006.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:48 pm

I've said it many times already, I want no part of Johnny Damon.

BJ Ryan would be a great, great acquisition, especially as a dominating lefty, which they haven't had for years.

Chacon and Matsui need to be the top priorities. Bullpen is next. Deal with CF later.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:00 pm

blankman wrote:I've said it many times already, I want no part of Johnny Damon.

BJ Ryan would be a great, great acquisition, especially as a dominating lefty, which they haven't had for years.

Chacon and Matsui need to be the top priorities. Bullpen is next. Deal with CF later.

Agreed.

I dont know what i will do if the yanks sign damon. That man can barely throw the ball into 2nd base.

Signing chacon, and getting bj ryan would be excellent moves.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:34 pm

I heard Juan Pierre's name thrown around today. Anyone know his status?
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:36 pm

Here's a tough question...

If you could have your choice, which dominant lefty would you take-- BJ Ryan or Billy Wagner?

Wagner is alot more proven, although he's 34 years old. He's always pitched in the NL though, and moves to the AL sometimes prove fatal to NL pitchers, although with Wagner's stuff, I don't think he'd have a problem. Ryan is 29 right now, but he'll be 30 before next season. He's a power pitcher like Billy, and he's pitched in the AL before, against tough lineups like New York and Boston.

Which one would you want, if you had the choice of either?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:38 pm

I would have to go with the younger player, BJ Ryan. I do like the fact that he has been facing the AL East and knows what he has been getting into. It would be an easier sell to the younger player to set up Mo.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:I heard Juan Pierre's name thrown around today. Anyone know his status?

He's arbitration eligible and won't be a FA until after next season. I don't want any part of him though. He ranked dead last among centerfielders this year in RF, and was in the lower half in ZR. His arm isn't overly impressive, although he did have 7 assists this year, which is a career high.

He was only 77% in stolen base attempts this year, and that's actually better than his career SB%, which is just over 73%. The main reason why he steals so many bases is because of the number of attempts he gets. His career OBP is .355 which isn't very exceptional for a leadoff hitter.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:51 pm

They must have been talking about him in a trade context. If it is Piere or Dammon I want Pierre. He is more of a role player and can do the little things we need.

It isn't the ideal situation though. George is going to want a name here.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:19 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:They must have been talking about him in a trade context. If it is Piere or Dammon I want Pierre. He is more of a role player and can do the little things we need.

It isn't the ideal situation though. George is going to want a name here.

I don't want either one of them. I'd rather wait until next year when Torii Hunter will likely become more expendable for the Twins. I want him for his defense and great attitude though, whatever he gives on offense is a bonus. I wish there was a player like him, without the name. I'd gladly take a subpar offensive CF that can cover ground and play great defense. Unfortunately, not many players like that exist.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:47 pm

I don't think Wagner will be an option for the Yanks. I definitely think BJ Ryan is on their radar. The Yanks already have about 3 1/2 potential closer/setup men in their minors. 1 is about 2 years away and 2 are about 3 or 3 1/2 years away. BJ is the perfect piece for the Yankees bullpen for both the short and long term. S-T as a lefty setup, L-T as a lefty closer. I think the 3 minor leaguers are all righties so it would work out well. I also hear Sean Henn might be a bullpen guy one day. The future bullpen could be Mo, Ryan and Henn.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:42 pm

Damon? No
Pierre? No

Just give Thompson a shot and sign a guy that can just play defense for the year and wait for Hunter.

I don't believe Wagner would sign as a set up man.

BJ Ryan is the guy I want, badly.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to New York Yankees