A question of leagues... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A question of leagues...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A question of leagues...

Postby clevername » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:56 pm

ok, I don't know if this is the place to ask this type of thing but I looked at the other forums and couldn't really find one to fit this procedural type thing into. And I'm sure this is a question that has been asked many times before but I could not find it anywhere.

I'm getting a keeper league set up with some friends. We may have as many as 20 joining up. We would like to set up 2 "leagues" with the victor of each league meeting for a world series of sorts. We would want basically 2 drafts...each league of 10 teams drafts from the entire player pool so that the same player could be on a team in each league (Pujols on team A in league A and also on team A in league B).

The question is, how can we have our league champions match up? I know this gets us out of the yahoo realm, but what sites should I be looking at that has this ability (if there are any)?
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:58 am

I'm not sure about that site-wise, but if it's just a week or so, you could keep track offline
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby clevername » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:26 am

I've thought of that...just make the yahoo final round 1 week instead of 2, end the season 1 week early, and let the two winners play offline.

I was just wondering if there was a site out there that did it for me. I hate to abandon the ease of yahoo, though, especially with so many people signing up.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:24 am

yeah, you'd have to do 2 leagues of 10 teams, but I don't think there is a way to make the finals only one week. Just have the 4 teams in the finals square off and you can either track them versus each other H2H, or have all 4 compete roto style for the last 2 weeks, or take the winner in each league and match up their lines verusus each other... :-°
good luck

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:10 am

clevername wrote:I've thought of that...just make the yahoo final round 1 week instead of 2, end the season 1 week early, and let the two winners play offline.

I was just wondering if there was a site out there that did it for me. I hate to abandon the ease of yahoo, though, especially with so many people signing up.

I've thought about this at length, and unless there is a site that I don't know about (which is very possible) then your best bet will be to end the league early and do it offline.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Re: A question of leagues...

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:10 am

clevername wrote:ok, I don't know if this is the place to ask this type of thing but I looked at the other forums and couldn't really find one to fit this procedural type thing into. And I'm sure this is a question that has been asked many times before but I could not find it anywhere.

I'm getting a keeper league set up with some friends. We may have as many as 20 joining up. We would like to set up 2 "leagues" with the victor of each league meeting for a world series of sorts. We would want basically 2 drafts...each league of 10 teams drafts from the entire player pool so that the same player could be on a team in each league (Pujols on team A in league A and also on team A in league B).

The question is, how can we have our league champions match up? I know this gets us out of the yahoo realm, but what sites should I be looking at that has this ability (if there are any)?

send a PM to Ironman. Since its football season now, he is probably over there, but I know he has done something like this in the past. I think he even used Yahoo. He could tell you the do's and the don'ts .
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Return to Baseball Leftovers