Where Would They Be Drafted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where Would They Be Drafted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:27 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:so hafner has no shot at playing 1b next season. I mean ortiz doesn't qualify at 1b in all leagues, but it doesn't stop him from being one of the first 7 picks.

If you play Yahoo Ortiz qualifies. Does Hafner drive in 140+ a year. Does he hit 40+ hr? No Chance, Ortiz owns him in every category expect for avg, which is by .05. He even owns him in sb. :-D I think that justifies the 3 round difference.

Well, just to let you know ortiz has 1 season with more than 140 rbi. He also had 115 more abs. Hafner's may not be as good as ortiz, but he does own ortiz in category and it's OPS. With that emerging offense and the potential collapse in boston these guys may be a little closer than you think.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:30 pm

LooseCannon wrote:David Wright: Mid-Late Third Roudn

Hafner: Late 5th

Beltran: Late 6th

Oswalt: Early Third

Chris Carpneter: Late Second (naiive people)

Actually I believe Beltran will go before that, 3rd and 4th round for Mets fans and people just hoping on a comeback year, IMO he should go late 10th, he's going to have another year like this. He ain't going to be the big power/speed threat he used to be under the Mets management and in that stadium.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:34 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:so hafner has no shot at playing 1b next season. I mean ortiz doesn't qualify at 1b in all leagues, but it doesn't stop him from being one of the first 7 picks.

If you play Yahoo Ortiz qualifies. Does Hafner drive in 140+ a year. Does he hit 40+ hr? No Chance, Ortiz owns him in every category expect for avg, which is by .05. He even owns him in sb. :-D I think that justifies the 3 round difference.

Well, just to let you know ortiz has 1 season with more than 140 rbi. He also had 115 more abs. Hafner's may not be as good as ortiz, but he does own ortiz in category and it's OPS. With that emerging offense and the potential collapse in boston these guys may be a little closer than you think.
I still consider Ortiz first round if Manny leaves. Late first round, but still I dont think Hafner is second round.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:35 pm

Red Stripe wrote:

Actually I believe Beltran will go before that, 3rd and 4th round for Mets fans and people just hoping on a comeback year, IMO he should go late 10th, he's going to have another year like this. He ain't going to be the big power/speed threat he used to be under the Mets management and in that stadium.

Late 10th. 8-o 8-o 8-o Actually a lot of the speed issues were do to injury. The power numbers can be blamed on the stadium but partly because Beltran never really found a groove, and it was really just an unlucky year for him all together. He had spurts of good speed numbers, and i think he can return to 25/30
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:55 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:

Late 10th. 8-o 8-o 8-o Actually a lot of the speed issues were do to injury. The power numbers can be blamed on the stadium but partly because Beltran never really found a groove, and it was really just an unlucky year for him all together. He had spurts of good speed numbers, and i think he can return to 25/30

I thought the main reason he wasn't running was because Randolph was just never sending him :-? . Ok I admit he will probably have a better year then last year but his numbers last year were probably worst than late 10th value. I guess I'll move him up to late 7th, early 8th of where he SHOULD go. He obviously won't got that late so I will guarantee ya he won't be on my team. I didn't like Beltran either last year, I was obviously putting him the top 4 last year with Vlad, Pujols, and Arod but Beltran was number 4 for me last year.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Ill let someone else take a risk on Beltran. He is one player I cant stand and I feel he is a disgrace to the game. Watching him lazily run out balls and blow seemingly routine balls in center field make me sick. I wont touch him unless it the 6th round or later, and Im not sure I would touch him in the 6th. The only reason Id think of taking him is hoping for a fast start so I can unload him at a high price.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers