Phillies GM shown the door. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Phillies GM shown the door.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:24 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:$9 million a year for Wagner seems about right. I'd be worried about giving him 3 years. :-o

I think the 3 years is a problem for the Phillies along with the no trade clause. Probably one of the reason he isn't signed yet!
eaglesfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby davidmarver » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:46 pm

Gotta love these Wade trades/moves:

November 10, 1999: Traded Adam Eaton, Carlton Loewer, and Steve Montgomery to the San Diego Padres. Received Andy Ashby.

July 26, 2000: Traded Curt Schilling to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Received Omar Daal, Nelson Figueroa, Travis Lee, and Vicente Padilla.

June 5, 2001: Traded Paul Byrd to the Kansas City Royals. Received Jose Santiago.

November 9, 2001: Traded Omar Daal to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Received Eric Junge and Jesus Cordero (minors).

July 29, 2002: Traded Scott Rolen, Doug Nickle, and cash to the St. Louis Cardinals. Received Placido Polanco, Mike Timlin, and Bud Smith.

December 20, 2002: Traded Johnny Estrada to the Atlanta Braves. Received Kevin Millwood.

December 3, 2003: Traded a player to be named later, Carlos Silva, and Nick Punto to the Minnesota Twins. Received Eric Milton.

October 28, 2004: Kevin Millwood granted Free Agency.

:-{ %-6
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:38 pm

It's looking like Brian Cashman will get this job...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:10 pm

davidmarver wrote:Gotta love these Wade trades/moves:

November 10, 1999: Traded Adam Eaton, Carlton Loewer, and Steve Montgomery to the San Diego Padres. Received Andy Ashby.

July 26, 2000: Traded Curt Schilling to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Received Omar Daal, Nelson Figueroa, Travis Lee, and Vicente Padilla.

June 5, 2001: Traded Paul Byrd to the Kansas City Royals. Received Jose Santiago.

November 9, 2001: Traded Omar Daal to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Received Eric Junge and Jesus Cordero (minors).

July 29, 2002: Traded Scott Rolen, Doug Nickle, and cash to the St. Louis Cardinals. Received Placido Polanco, Mike Timlin, and Bud Smith.

December 20, 2002: Traded Johnny Estrada to the Atlanta Braves. Received Kevin Millwood.

December 3, 2003: Traded a player to be named later, Carlos Silva, and Nick Punto to the Minnesota Twins. Received Eric Milton.

October 28, 2004: Kevin Millwood granted Free Agency.

:-{ %-6

He has made the worst moves, the Rolen move might be honestly one of the worst trades ever. A hall of famer for scraps....thanks Ed, he did however get Abreu for Kevin Stocker, but that was probably and accident :-P

I keep hearing his name BronXBombers51, him and Hunsacker(spl?) are tops right now, there's also the assistent GM from the Braves they keep talking about. I think his name is Wrentch..something like that.
eaglesfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:17 pm

And Jim Duquette is interviewing with them too according to NY press.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:45 am

Have they posted the job on monster.com yet? I'm going to apply! ;-D :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Oliver Perez » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:29 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:It's looking like Brian Cashman will get this job...

As a Phillies fan, i'd LOVE to see this happen. Really. He'd straighten some things out, for sure, and really make this town love baseball again.

Then again, no one will ever love the Phillies till they get rid of David Bell.
Oliver Perez
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:17 am

Amazinz wrote:And Jim Duquette is interviewing with them too according to NY press.

I've heard pretty good things about Duquette but it's hard to trust a guy who gave up Kazmir for Victor Zambrano. Granted, his trade history is not nearly as bad as Wade's but that's still a horrible trade.
Last edited by Music2004Man on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:50 pm

Well, I don't know now. I was 100% sure Cashman was out of New York but now I'm not so sure.

The Yankees will try to keep GM Brian Cashman rather than allow him to depart when his contract expires on Oct. 31.
"That's safe to say," Yankee general partner Steve Swindal said. "I have said that all along." Swindal, George Steinbrenner's son-in-law who is in line to take over when The Boss steps aside, will handle the talks with Cashman. Many believe Cashman is fed up working for an organization in which he has such limited control. If he leaves, the Phillies, Orioles and Nationals are among the teams that would be interested. Oct. 13 - 1:40 pm et
Source: New York Post

It's still ultimately up to him though, and I think he's fed up with NY. I think he's definately going to Philly though if he leaves. We'll find out after the 31st.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers