Phillies GM shown the door. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Phillies GM shown the door.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:03 pm

RoxSolid wrote:Rumors on a Philadelphia TV Show have Thome + Bell packaged to Seattle for Beltre, take it for what its worth just a tv show rumor but something to be throw around, which beltre your getting who knows, but his value would be tough to project in that park next year

I heard that this morning on WIP! I would love that move! We would be solid at the corners for man years! The next move would be to trade Abreu for a Catcher or Starting picther.
eaglesfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:56 pm

Music2004Man wrote:
RoxSolid wrote:Rumors on a Philadelphia TV Show have Thome + Bell packaged to Seattle for Beltre, take it for what its worth just a tv show rumor but something to be throw around, which beltre your getting who knows, but his value would be tough to project in that park next year

As a Phil's fan I would love to see this trade but I'm not sure how well it works for Seattle. Beltre is still young and could easily rebound next year while both Bell and Thome are over the hill. If Thome could hit 30-35 next year it would be closer but Beltre could put up 30 in that bandbox for the next 4 years. I can't see it happening but if it does I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, though I would imagine the Phillies would have to throw in some cash to make it more appealing...
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:38 pm

I can't imagine Seattle doing this at all.
Thome is expensive, old and injured.
They already have Sexson at 1st, so it would just be to DH.
Beltre is also only 25 and very, very good on D, so his season wasn't quite as bad in real life as in fantasy.
Then again, I don't trust Bavasi.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:56 pm

Hmmm, on second thoughts it doesn't really appeal to Seattle unless they are really THAT dissatisfied with Beltre.

Can any1 give me any reason why the Phillies should resign Wagner? He is going to command alot of money for 70-80 innings per season.....that's if he stays healthy.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:07 pm

RynMan wrote:Hmmm, on second thoughts it doesn't really appeal to Seattle unless they are really THAT dissatisfied with Beltre.

Can any1 give me any reason why the Phillies should resign Wagner? He is going to command alot of money for 70-80 innings per season.....that's if he stays healthy.

I know Wagner wants to stay, the Phils have just taken forever to lock him up. Wade was scheduled to meet with Wagner this week, but since he got axed who knows what will happen.

I think the Phils want to sign him for one, we have no other closer on the team or in the farm system! Urbina was bad most of the time! Two there isn't anything that comes close to Wagner in FA! Three and most important, just like the Phillies got 10,000 lettersdemanding Wade's firing from fans they'll get another 10,000 if they don't resign him! I would say he is probably the second most liked player on the team to Utley!
eaglesfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:08 pm

RynMan wrote:Can any1 give me any reason why the Phillies should resign Wagner?

They need a closer? :-D

I don't think Wagner will resign with Philadelphia because he's disgusted with the organization. I don't know for sure that's the case but some comments he has made have implied it. But from the Phillies perspective I would want Wagner back and I'd be willing to pay for it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Amazinz wrote:But from the Phillies perspective I would want Wagner back and I'd be willing to pay for it.

How much?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:38 pm

RynMan wrote:
Amazinz wrote:But from the Phillies perspective I would want Wagner back and I'd be willing to pay for it.

How much?

lol ..

Your asking a Mets fan "How Much" ?

:-b :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
RynMan wrote:Hmmm, on second thoughts it doesn't really appeal to Seattle unless they are really THAT dissatisfied with Beltre.

I know Wagner wants to stay, the Phils have just taken forever to lock him up. Wade was scheduled to meet with Wagner this week, but since he got axed who knows what will happen.

I think the Phils want to sign him for one, we have no other closer on the team or in the farm system! Urbina was bad most of the time! Two there isn't anything that comes close to Wagner in FA! Three and most important, just like the Phillies got 10,000 lettersdemanding Wade's firing from fans they'll get another 10,000 if they don't resign him! I would say he is probably the second most liked player on the team to Utley!

its my understanding the a few of the Philly VP's met with Wagners agent instead. It was either today or tomorrow
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 pm

RynMan wrote:

How much?

Hmm well the numbers circulating in the media are around $8-$10M per year, 3-year deal. Philly is a big market club so if I was in their shoes I'd be willing to spend it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers