Anyone here have Qwest DSL or TV? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone here have Qwest DSL or TV?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone here have Qwest DSL or TV?

Postby Phatferd » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:16 pm

I am doing some research on my tv/internet options when I move so I can begin a budget. In Phoenix it looks like my only options are Cox and Qwest.

Cox is really high and Qwest is about 25-50% cheaper, however, I have never heard of them and don't know much about them.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:34 pm

Read the fine print on Qwest's DSL service. The phone companies that offer DSL like to boast a great low price of like $24.99 a month but in the fine print it will say that its a introductory rate and after a year it will go up to $35 or so. SBC likes to do that.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Phatferd » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:44 pm

ironman wrote:Read the fine print on Qwest's DSL service. The phone companies that offer DSL like to boast a great low price of like $24.99 a month but in the fine print it will say that its a introductory rate and after a year it will go up to $35 or so. SBC likes to do that.

I currently have SBC and after the year was up I asked to be kept at the low price or I would switch companies and they were willing to keep me at the low price.

Qwest's website has their 212 channel tv service and 1.5mbs DSL for $50 the first year and after that it will be $80 (which in my book is still cheap for tv and internet). I just don't know if it's crappy or not. If the DSL line is constantly below 1mbs then I will be pissed. If the tv service is crap then I will be and so on.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk