Discussion: Underranked in '06 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Discussion: Underranked in '06

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:06 am

I agree with that Patterson pick ;-D
I also like....
Chacon
Berkman
Rafael Soriano
Jenks
Backe
Beltran
Craig Wilson
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 450)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:24 am

I will go after hitters next year. Planning to pick up pitching that falls thru the cracks. Early round pitchers that may be cheap: Halliday. Harden, Prior, Wood, Milwood, Zito. Middle rounders: Lee, Sabathia, Bonderman, Capuano, Contreras. Haren. King Felix. Late rounders: Sosa, Baker, Liriano. Cain, McCarthy. As for hitters I will wait for Weeks, Cano, or Iguchi in a late round for my 2Bman. Holliday is the real deal.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stumpak » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:21 pm

I don't know about Sabathia, I think he may wind up overvalued based on his well-publicized win streak dowen the stretch.

Sure he was dominant the last month and half, but he was pitching like Eric Milton the two months before that. He has such a track record of inconsisentcy that I am not willing to say that he has turned the corner at all. When he finally pitches a full season without periodic blow-ups I will be a believer.

The Indians may give him a few more wins than in the past since they are a better team now, but I still would call Sabathia a #4 or #5 fantasy starter in mix leagues. Not a ton of Ks and unattractive WHIP and ERA is the issue.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:23 pm

I don't see how Berkman would be a bargain in any league. He came back strong and his injury issue should be behind him. Don't forget that the injury was not baseball related.

From what I've seen so far, if Clemens returns, he shoudl be a bargain once again.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:31 pm

Odalis Perez should be a real bargain provided he is healthy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:37 pm

Yoda wrote:I don't see how Berkman would be a bargain in any league. He came back strong and his injury issue should be behind him. Don't forget that the injury was not baseball related.

From what I've seen so far, if Clemens returns, he shoudl be a bargain once again.

I like berkman for 06. However, one must not discount the injury as being non-baseball related. It was in fact football/stupidty related. Any player DUMB enough to be playing flag football and risking his millions on a church pickup flag football game is a concern to do something stupid again.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:55 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
sooner711 wrote:Helton
Thome
Schilling
Schmidt
Prior

Wow, that is like an asking to get whacked list.

Thome...aging, injury prone, over-paid, may get dealt or lose time to Howard and no roids.
Schilling...aging, injuired and was nothing short of BAD this year.
Schmidt...injury concerns
Prior...the under-achiever...the Kerry Wood protege.

Frankly, based on where they are likely to go next year, I would want no part of Schilling, Schmidt or Prior. I might consider Thome if he falls past round 8 but that is unlikely.

Hes had 3 years in the majors, 2 of which have been excellent though injury marred. He struggled a bit this year. I'd hardly call him an underacheiver.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:11 pm

One more year like this and they will be calling him Kerry.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:17 pm

Kelvim Escobar. Rolen, if he drops into the 5-7 round range. Mauer might be and Morneu will be. Kazmir because of the team and because his total season stats aren't that awe-inspiring.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:55 am

What do you guys think about Livan Hernandez being underranked next year? I think that he had a tough year this year but he was trying to pitch through an injury. I think he could put up very solid numbers next year in Washington and you should be able to get him fairly cheap this offseason. I know you don't want to rely on guys coming back from injury but I think you could pick him up in the draft equivalent to a 3rd or 4th starter and get #2 starter numbers from him.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers