Offseason plans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Offseason plans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Offseason plans

Postby Dumb Meat Head » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:35 pm

I built this team prior to the 2004 season so its loaded, but I have a lot of excess bats I want to deal for pitchers.

This is a h2h keep everyone league with the following categories
Runs, HR, RBIs, Steals, Avg., OPS., Wins, IP, Ks, Saves, ERA, Whip

I crushed the league this last year, finished 31 games up only losing 2 weeks out of 22 but i want to stranglehold this league forever ;).

First move is trading rollins for erik bedard
what other moves should I be looking at?

My roster:
C – Victor Martinez
1B – Travis Hafner; Aubrey Huff; Dan Johnson
2B – Brian Roberts; Mark Ellis
3B – Alex Rodriguez
SS – J. Rollins; Michael Young; K. Greene
OF – Carl Crawford; Adam Dunn; Manny Ramirez; ; Jason Bay

SP – Mark Buehrle; Randy Johnson; Johan Santana; John Smoltz; Jeff Weaver; Kerry Wood; John Patterson; Chris Capuano;

RP – Brad Lidge; Joe Nathan; Derrik Turnbow

Prospects – Chris Burke, Astros; Jeff Francoeur, Braves; Franklin Gutierrez, Indians; Cole Hamels, Phillies; Mike Hinckley, Nationals; Adam Miller, Indians; Kendry Morales, Angels
Dumb Meat Head
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pepper Jack » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:30 pm

Why would you trade rollins for bedard? Surely you could do better than that.

But, if you are crushing the league that bad, i dont think you need much help...
Pepper Jack
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:41 pm

I'd seriously consider trying to get a better/more stable 2b than Roberts with Rollins, maybe trade Rollins + Roberts for Figgy or Utley...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Where To Take It From Here

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:07 pm

These are my keepers for the first year. Hafner, Wright, Beltran, Oswalt, Carpenter. Small sample size, but how would you go into a draft with these guys?
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cubsvikes23 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:26 am

I would try to move one your OF for a better 2nd baseman. I am really high on Utley right now. You are pretty much stacked in your OF so do what you have to do to improve that middle IF.
cubsvikes23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:27 am

I don't know if I would be so quick to trade an outfielder for Utley (If he's even available). Sure, Utley has tons of potential but I think that Roberts and Ellis should be more than serviceable. If you really want to get rid of some bats, I would say that Rollins is expendable with Young and Greene both in front of him. You could also deal one of your 1B, depending on whether or not Hafner counts as a 1B in your league anymore. I know he has lost eligibility in most leagues and is now considered only a Util. player. If Hafner only counts as a Util. player then I would say that your weakest positions would be 1B. If Burke gets regular playing time next year you might be able to deal Roberts for a pitcher. Burke looks pretty solid and he should be eligible at 2B next year. You might deal an OF with Francoeur being a full time starter next year. You ought to be able to get a pretty decent pitcher in return for one of those guys. You look pretty stacked right now but if you absolutely feel like doing something you have several options.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Offseason plans

Postby Halo Homers » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:58 pm

[quote="Dumb Meat Head"]I built this team prior to the 2004 season so its loaded, but I have a lot of excess bats I want to deal for pitchers.

This is a h2h keep everyone league with the following categories
Runs, HR, RBIs, Steals, Avg., OPS., Wins, IP, Ks, Saves, ERA, Whip

I crushed the league this last year, finished 31 games up only losing 2 weeks out of 22 but i want to stranglehold this league forever ;).

First move is trading rollins for erik bedard
what other moves should I be looking at?

Rollins is an elite SS, right there with Young, Jeter, and Tejada. He will also bring more trade value right now becasue of the way he finished the season, so I think you should get an elite SP, may not top shelf, but close. I would try for a Rich Harden, Carlos Zambrano, or Tim Hudson, in that range. You can definitely do better than Bedard. Not enough history with him.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team